Author Topic: Poll on Bitshares referral program  (Read 7826 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

1. BunkerChain Labs

by the way, BCL, you should look at your Google results for your business, I see this...
BunkerChainLabs.com
www.bunkerchainlabs.com/
A description for this result is not available because of this site's robots.txt – learn more.

Thanks for your concern. This is on purpose until a certain date.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline merivercap

• View Profile
    • BitCash
I think the referral program is fantastic.  The referral system is the third most important feature after Smartcoins & the decentralized exchange.  I'm not sure we'd be pursuing the hosted wallet business were it not for the referral program.  It's probably the best type of incentive for our type of business.  (Paypal did it. Square cash as well)  The referral program attracts a broader set of businesses that have more limited options for revenue.  Most Bitcoin businesses have no business model even with funding. 

I think high fees are a separate issue and in China and developing regions fees may be high.  Couldn't you just refund everyone's fees if you're a hosted wallet provider in China?

Anyways it just takes time for businesses to get going so I'm sure the referral program will be a huge part of growth for many companies.
BitCash - http://www.bitcash.org 
Beta: bitCash Wallet / p2p Gateway: (https://m.bitcash.org)
Beta: bitCash Trade (https://trade.bitcash.org)

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
My question is that high fee system is necessary to referral system, especially at this first stage of ecosystem.
IMHO, fees should be fixed (low) + percentage based (moderate)
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline mint chocolate chip

The refer program has been instrumental in attracting big projects to bitshares and making it far more attractive as a value proposition. Actually without it I know of at least one project that would have not been interested in bitshares.
They are attracted by referral program first, then are surprised by high fees and hence are discouraged to build business on Bitshares.

No, that has not been my experience thus far.

Can you

1. Name the company
2. Back your statement with numbers ?
1. BunkerChain Labs

by the way, BCL, you should look at your Google results for your business, I see this...
BunkerChainLabs.com
www.bunkerchainlabs.com/
A description for this result is not available because of this site's robots.txt – learn more.

Is there a "how-to" for the program?  How to use it, what to expect,, how to verify, etc.  As far as I knew there was still a bug that needed fixing.  I was, and still am, under the impression that a functioning referral program could snowball.  I haven't seen very much discussion about it, people's successes / failures, strategies, etc. etc.
The how-to is haphazardly found in the forum, ideally it would be front and center in OpenLedger somewhere, letting new users see how they can easily refer their friends - moreover, the link they would use would be pre-done using their account name so they could just copy and paste it to send to their friends. As of now, there is very little to no mention of the referral program in the wallet... save the Membership page which is buried (it would be nicer to have its own referral page with info and lists of referred users and their account status). Furthermore, the Membership page does explain for Basic Members that upgrading their account makes them "qualify to earn referral income from users they register with or referrer to the network", however, once you upgrade to a Lifetime Member, it says NOTHING about referring users and the benefits of doing so!!!

I have mentioned a couple times, that I don't see the affiliate name being passed into the wallet's URL when people refer a user to the bitshares.org page, so it is best to have them go straight to the wallet with your links. This should be fixed. Not to mention, on bitshares.org, reading from left to right, it emphasizes Download Now before Online Wallet, which is totally backwards especially since if a user does select Download Now to download the wallet, it isn't possible at the moment for the ID of the referrer to get attached to the download link, so you would lose out anyway.

Out of the 11 referred users I have so far, 1 is a test that I did. So out of the 10, 1 user has upgraded to an annual member, 1 has 40 bts in transaction fees, 1 has a total of 2 transactions, and the rest registered and did nothing. I am no affiliate wizard by any stretch of the imagination, but I run a regularly updated bitshares info blog, a bitshares info website, and have put banner ads front and center on a few of my other non-crypto sites. Admittedly, my sites are not by any stretch of the imagination high traffic sites. All told, less than $10 worth, most of which is from the one user who upgraded to an annual member.

It is kind of telling that the so called expert marketers, rgcrypto and bitmarket, are no where to be seen. Both received delegate pay at one point, and the latter was the one who helped design the affiliate system in the first place.

With that said, I still like it and have big expectations for the referral system personally and for bitshares as a whole. One suggestion I would make to those who are willing to do the unheralded dirty work, would be to inform affiliate marketers that this opportunity exists, i.e. a simple post in a forum like https://www.warriorforum.com/ might be all it would take to get some real marketers with their tens of thousands of newsletter followers in on the action.

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
The refer program has been instrumental in attracting big projects to bitshares and making it far more attractive as a value proposition. Actually without it I know of at least one project that would have not been interested in bitshares.
They are attracted by referral program first, then are surprised by high fees and hence are discouraged to build business on Bitshares.

Can you

1. Name the company
2. Back your statement with numbers ?

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
delegate-clayop

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline DMo09

• View Profile
Is there a "how-to" for the program?  How to use it, what to expect,, how to verify, etc.  As far as I knew there was still a bug that needed fixing.  I was, and still am, under the impression that a functioning referral program could snowball.  I haven't seen very much discussion about it, people's successes / failures, strategies, etc. etc.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Damn it! There are 11000 users on this forum and only 12 votes on such important subject. This is far below a statistically significant sample size. And all other polls are like this. We have just random numbers which mean nothing. People yell about lack of democracy on every corner, and when they are given a democratic way to express their opinion, they just don't use it. Come and vote, people!

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
Referral program by itself is a good thing. However, the increased fee for the referral program is blocking various types of businesses.
I personally don't think that high fees are necessary to sustain referral program. If there are more users and greater ecosystem, referral system can be managed without high fees.
delegate-clayop

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I want to know how many people did Stan and BM referred  ?  [emoji14]

I want to know why you want to know   ;)
I dont thibk dan and stan are in the business of referring people or making use of the referral program at all. OpenLedger is what they probably refer new users to.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I want to know how many people did Stan and BM referred  ?  :P

I want to know why you want to know   ;)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I want to know how many people did Stan and BM referred  ?  :P
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
referral program is always in big debate, and how to handle it is an important topic for the community, this is just a survey, could  you please express your opinion on this and explain a little detailed if possible?
Email:bitcrab@qq.com