Author Topic: DECRED Crypto-Currency  (Read 2318 times)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Doesn't seem to be as advanced as Bitshares. Uses POW+POS, doesn't have flexible ways to fund development, etc. And it's only a one coin, not a platform for several like Bitshares.

Yes BitShares is and would remain a much more versatile platform.

However if they have community governance and a reasonable blockchain they may still have the option to add Smartcoins, (which may be more popular backed by a widely used limited currency as opposed to shares.)

I still think there is a very big potential market for a Bitcoin replacement. As I recently wrote...

answer the question again now, 'how can I create a currency that is superior to what's on the market, in that it requires less trust, has less waste, is better distributed, can reach consensus on blockchain upgrades but not supply - unpossible? , has BitAssets and has some funding to put into that and marketing, example referral system. Then he may find some success easily again because I think the market knows Bitcoin is structurally flawed and may not be the dominant currency 5 years from now.

So I'm hoping DECRED, may be what I've been waiting for in terms of a crypto-currency investment.

I'm not against POW depending on cost and speed, especially if it can help make the defined supply harder to change. It would also be good if POW algorithm could be altered over time to reduce centralisation.

I find POS ends up being quite centralised due to apathy and I'm uncertain whether POS could be attacked fairly cheaply with a yield attack... https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20724.msg267990.html#msg267990 So some combo system may be better where a crypto-currency is concerned.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 06:35:50 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
Doesn't seem to be as advanced as Bitshares. Uses POW+POS, doesn't have flexible ways to fund development, etc. And it's only a one coin, not a platform for several like Bitshares.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Decred is an open and progressive cryptocurrency with a system of community-based governance integrated into its blockchain.

Main contributors are the developers responsible for btcsuite (est. early 2013 – present) – a suite of Bitcoin packages and tools, including btcd, a full node, mining capable, Bitcoin implementation

Project bound by the Decred Constitution on the core principles of finite issuance, privacy, security, fungibility, inclusivity, and progressive development of the technology that keeps these principles together

https://www.decred.org/

I know nothing about this, just saw an article on cointelegraph. Anybody have any thoughts on it. BTSX 2.0?
If you want to take the island burn the boats