Author Topic: make it stable &get a lot new user then test new function in devshares  (Read 8477 times)

Offline gunailei

• View Profile
when i have no bts,i can say: just time,just wait,just do it,go go go,,let's wait the big thing! oh yeah!
when i have so many bts,i can say:my god,why no new users? why no market? why low price? where is the way?
BTS need strategic investors,strategic partner! maybe VC,blockchain investors,or IBM MICROSOFT APPLE......OKCOIN BTC38 HOUBI COINBASE......
the problem is not in the technology,the BTS is so advanced,just partner,capital and users.
who will use BTS? why use BTS?
Get out of the office, looking for partners, strategic investors, funds, or even nouveau riche :P
the problem is not in the technology,we need "CEO",not "CTO".

Offline Tuck Fheman

Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
At some sunny day of summer 2020 tonyk will post here that he very happy with BitShares and thanks everybody involved into this great project.  :)

By then enjoy the non-competition-sent fuzzy, happily jumping with joy and good messages like "Just wait and you will see what GREAT things are coming, just wait to see what we have going on in the background"
...at every stupid decision made

happily jumping with joy and a good heart worming message "Just wait and you will see
....at every price drop
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline testz

At some sunny day of summer 2020 tonyk will post here that he very happy with BitShares and thanks everybody involved into this great project.  :)

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
@tonyk: sorry for sounding like Stan, but the forum became quite hostile recently and this harms BitShares more than Dan's blog posts (IMHO).
We will never be able again to give those holding BTS the feeling of being part of something bigger or valuable if the community continues like this ..

//edit: oh, .. and yes .. I am still bullish .. maybe just because I know how powerful the technology is we ALREADY have .. it will cost Ethereum months to years to produce something that compares to BitShares .. even though they have more developers and money ...

And thinking like Stan ( aka the beloved son can never be wrong and his words and action can only produce pure gold) you do not see the direct link between the recent behavior of Dan (forum and blog wise) and the reaction on the forums?

Cause for me it is quite simple - people are so pissed off that more and more of them cannot handle it anymore and more directly say what they think.

Isn't the real problem we are facing a lack of liquidity, lack of marketing and lack of adoption? How could Dan possibly fix this? (Even though he tried/s hard IMHO)

Haven't you seen the official announcement from the project leader that "
Exchange business sucks in general!
I will leave the product as it is [unfinished for me, great finished jam for you and ... pursue another pipe dream of mine - mutual something, earthing or whatever inspires him, but probably so only this very second]
You who donated to my previous idea are now trapping me and do not let me grow!"

lol tony...the fact you are still around blows my mind.  beginning to wonder if you are paid to inject toxic fumes in conversations by competitors because if i were a competitor youd be my favorite person on these forums.

Honestly you are lucky he is still around.  Having people (non CNX affiliates or workers) with some background knowledge of bitshares is important when discussing new features.

The common story is:

1.  Community member has a complaint or discrepancy with the direction of BTS.
2.  Either CNX or one of their paid/affiliated fanboys comes out in immediate defense, says "just believe".
3.  If said CNX fanboy doesn't convince community member to "just believe", community member is told to screw off and do it themselves.
4.  Community member leaves along with any good will they had for the project.  Also most likely selling their holdings as well.
5.  CNX Fanboy blames community for being toxic and driving away users.  Please tell me one time when someone disagreeing with CNX has driven away users.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
@tonyk: sorry for sounding like Stan, but the forum became quite hostile recently and this harms BitShares more than Dan's blog posts (IMHO).
We will never be able again to give those holding BTS the feeling of being part of something bigger or valuable if the community continues like this ..

//edit: oh, .. and yes .. I am still bullish .. maybe just because I know how powerful the technology is we ALREADY have .. it will cost Ethereum months to years to produce something that compares to BitShares .. even though they have more developers and money ...

And thinking like Stan ( aka the beloved son can never be wrong and his words and action can only produce pure gold) you do not see the direct link between the recent behavior of Dan (forum and blog wise) and the reaction on the forums?

Cause for me it is quite simple - people are so pissed off that more and more of them cannot handle it anymore and more directly say what they think.

Isn't the real problem we are facing a lack of liquidity, lack of marketing and lack of adoption? How could Dan possibly fix this? (Even though he tried/s hard IMHO)

I will leave the product as it is [unfinished for me, great finished jam for you and ... pursue another pipe dream of mine - mutual something, earthing or whatever inspires him, but probably so only this very second]
You who donated to my previous idea are now trapping me and do not let me grow!"

lol tony...the fact you are still around blows my mind.  beginning to wonder if you are paid to inject toxic fumes in conversations by competitors because if i were a competitor youd be my favorite person on these forums.

Wait till I suggest committee members to be representatives of other chains and bussinesses...so  they can have a place to decide which feature they need the most so BTS can pay for it.

@tonyk: there is no (never was and never will be) an "official announcement" in bitshares ... further, turning words to you liking will not change facts .. Dan is still working on improving the dex (if he gets paid for it of course) and hasnt abandoned it ..
Why cant you be thankful that we have an INNOVATOR not stopping to improve what is already there???
Here are the Stan rhetorics again... OK unofficial announcement of the project leader that he has not abandoned the project but will be more than happy to... Like it that way?
And I was explaining what helps a lot to exagerate the main problems you mentioned...not stating he has done what you put in my mouth.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 08:19:40 pm by tonyk »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
@tonyk: there is no (never was and never will be) an "official announcement" in bitshares ... further, turning words to you liking will not change facts .. Dan is still working on improving the dex (if he gets paid for it of course) and hasnt abandoned it ..
Why cant you be thankful that we have an INNOVATOR not stopping to improve what is already there???

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 07:19:50 pm by tonyk »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Xeroc , if I hire you to write a forum exactly like this one , and you charged me with 100 BTC and agreed to the terms .
Then ,  you choose not to sell 100 BTC , and the price dropped to 30% of the original value .

What will you do ? finish the forum even with your own money, to maintain a good rep and rethink your pricing and fund managing skills in your future life  , or tell me you can only finish a simpler version ?
Point taken.

But what was the actual deal/promise made between Dan and those how "funded" the idea? Would those that funded the "promise" EVER be satisfied?
Oh, for those that have not noticed .. Dan is still paying Valentine and James for improving the web wallet (AFAIK) ..

« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 06:57:04 pm by xeroc »

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Xeroc , if I hire you to write a forum exactly like this one , and you charged me with 100 BTC and agreed to the terms .
Then ,  you choose not to sell 100 BTC , and the price dropped to 30% of the original value .

What will you do ? finish the forum even with your own money, to maintain a good rep and rethink your pricing and fund managing skills in your future life  , or tell me you can only finish a simpler version ?
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
... because competition already has a nice GUI or what ???

Who would fund that?

actually there is two issue that need to be solved .
1. we need funding .
2. we need contractors that can finish the job after taking the proposed funding  and not ask for more incentive . Otherwise said task after 2 year will still not be finished .
From what I understood (and thats what I conclude taking a look at the code) is that CNX did deliver the product for the "price" that was "paid".
Or do you think that the fact that people "invested" in a blockchain will bind them to develop and improve it "forever"?

as a contractor , you name a price , and then deliver the function/manhour that you promised .

if they promised something with a price , in the real world , people will hold them to it according to the terms , not according to how they feel if it's worth it after taking the payment .

If as a contractor , you want to keep earning risk-free money , then you should tell people upfront : 1. my hourly rate is xx USD/h . 2.I may never finish it regardless of how many hour that i've spend .  And let people decide if they want to hire you base on actual information .

i had been on these two kinds of jobs in the past .  On the first kind , sometimes I do lost money for naming a bad price , and i still finish it because otherwise it will hurt my reputation,. and i couldn't find another contract job again . On the second one , it's actually kind of risk free , except that it doesn't come by often because companies hate unexpected cost too much , lawyers and accountants are the only hourly paid contractor they want to hire .

If someone initiated a bad deal for themselves , it normally favors in those who didn't write it .

Of course ,. that's just how the real world works . I shouldn't expect people in the crypto world to value it .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Who would fund that?

1. we need funding .
2. we need contractors that can finish the job after taking the proposed funding  and not ask for more incentive . Otherwise said task after 2 year will still not be finished .
From what I understood (and thats what I conclude taking a look at the code) is that CNX did deliver the product for the "price" that was "paid".
Or do you think that the fact that people "invested" in a blockchain will bind them to develop and improve it "forever"?
You have started to sound like Stan, of late... and I do not mean this in the good way.
The price that was paid was millions of dollars. For said millions nothing was delivered! And this is no fault at all of those 'donating the money' - not the money being mostly lost by BM and company, nor the fact that nothing was delivered!

I can live with the nothing was promised so nothing is/was due  argument ...but not with the one that the product is good for the price paid.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Who would fund that?

1. we need funding .

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

Who would fund that?

1. we need funding .