Author Topic: I'm an apathetic voter  (Read 3075 times)

Offline mint chocolate chip

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
I`m almost a non-voter. Why? Incentives and lack of understanding the proposals.
Plus my skin in the game is not large enough to make a change.
Voting have to be a positive experience.
Make it like Kickstarter, let everyone create beautiful proposals via the GUI or third-party and reward voters.

prime example of giving your small stake to a proxy. that's the kickstarter in our universe
So It's better if proxies explain what they did or will do, explain in more detail what the proposal is and why vote for/against/neutral the proposal. fav I'm not saying that you didn't do that.. Just some thoughts.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I`m almost a non-voter. Why? Incentives and lack of understanding the proposals.
Make it like Kickstarter, let everyone create beautiful proposals via the GUI or third-party and reward voters.

prime example of giving your small stake to a proxy. that's the kickstarter in our universe

Offline btswolf

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I am trying an experiment right now with the Committee with its own github space so that we can have a running history of everything and keep documents and know who contributes what etc.

I am thinking it might not be such a bad idea for now to have something similar to that for Witnesses and then invite them in to be able to contribute their own docs outlining their positions.. heck if they have done things like wackou for example who has created BTS_Tools that could be linked directly to their repos..

Here is the address I setup just now: https://github.com/BitShares-Witnesses .. I am going to start contacting witnesses to see if we can wrangle them all in to start contributing there :)

and FYI.. I also represent the witness datasecuritynode ... that is the nuclear bunker data center company which is dedicated to the witness operation. Vote for datasecuritynode if you like nuclear bunker protection of your Bitshares! :D
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
http://cryptofresh.com/ballots

we should work out this page more .. with links to witnesses, workers etc ..
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

TravelsAsia

Isn't voting for a proxy some form of voter apathy?

if you vote for a proxy you expect him to follow politics/witnesses and expect him to represent your opinion.

instead of constantly staying up to date, you only have to find the right proxy and check him from time to time if he still reflects your wishes

This brings up a good point. Unless the reasoning is crystal clear in the client, we'll miss voters like Marko.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

if you vote for a proxy you expect him to follow politics/witnesses and expect him to represent your opinion.

instead of constantly staying up to date, you only have to find the right proxy and check him from time to time if he still reflects your wishes

Offline MarkoPaasila

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

Offline MarkoPaasila

I would like to vote for a witness, but it's very hard to get any overview of what my choices are. In the UI I can see who are chosen at the moment, but I find it very hard to make sense of the alternatives in the forum. There seem to be lots of outdated (are they?) delegates and old threads. Threads are good for conversations, but useless in this case. The time needed to get a clear picture of what's going on just isn't justified if your stake is small like mine.

Is there a wiki page with a list and brief description about the witnesses? I would make responsible voting actually possible.

Actually this applies to committee members and to some degree worker proposals too. A good wiki page with a list of each proposal and a brief description + link to more info would greatly reduce my voter apathy.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 10:29:08 am by MarkoPaasila »