Author Topic: I need some help with recovering  (Read 2917 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
As long as they were claimed by the account from 0.9.x you're fine. Just create a new wallet and import the wif key again.
Thanks. That works...But still if I try to import my brainkey accounts are missing. How can I get brainkey that works for all my accounts?
So your problem is solved.
Brain key won't work with imported keys.
To get your brain key work with all accounts, you can update the owner keys and/or active keys of the "missing" accounts to new keys generated in the wallet (after this feature is added to the wallet https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene-ui/issues/255)

Looks strange. Maybe the missing accounts were created in another wallet, otherwise it should be able to restore from the brain key. Could you post your account names here, or PM me? The missing accounts, and the ones not missing.
Sure. Account that is ok - satoshifund, missing accounts are cyberfund and hipster
So these two accounts are registered before BTS 2.0, see http://legacy.bitsharesblocks.com/accounts/account?name=cyberfund for example. Not what you said "(1) The missing accounts are created in 2.0" above.  >:(

One more question. When could I claim this vested balance?

Sorry, the picture doesn't show for me.  ???
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline 21xhipster

As long as they were claimed by the account from 0.9.x you're fine. Just create a new wallet and import the wif key again.
Thanks. That works...But still if I try to import my brainkey accounts are missing. How can I get brainkey that works for all my accounts?

Looks strange. Maybe the missing accounts were created in another wallet, otherwise it should be able to restore from the brain key. Could you post your account names here, or PM me? The missing accounts, and the ones not missing.
Sure. Account that is ok - satoshifund, missing accounts are cyberfund and hipster

One more question. When could I claim this vested balance?

https://cyber.fund/ - Decetnralized Investment Platform

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
So, (1) the missing accounts are created in 2.0, (2) you have brain keys of them, (3) your funds are claimed into these accounts. Right? Imo you should be able to import if you have correct brain keys.
(1) The missing accounts are created in 2.0
(2) I thought that I have brain keys of them, but it seems that somehow 2 accounts was missed
(3) Yes they were claimed

Offline Riverhead

If your missing accounts are rollovers from BTS0.9.x you can just reimport the private keys. If you don't have the keys you can fire up the 0.9.x client, open your wallet and get they keys. The chain does not need to be sync'd to do this.

Thanks, but funds have been claimed...

Offline 21xhipster

So, (1) the missing accounts are created in 2.0, (2) you have brain keys of them, (3) your funds are claimed into these accounts. Right? Imo you should be able to import if you have correct brain keys.
(1) The missing accounts are created in 2.0
(2) I thought that I have brain keys of them, but it seems that somehow 2 accounts was missed
(3) Yes they were claimed

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog

Offline 21xhipster

If your missing accounts are rollovers from BTS0.9.x you can just reimport the private keys. If you don't have the keys you can fire up the 0.9.x client, open your wallet and get they keys. The chain does not need to be sync'd to do this.

Thanks, but funds have been claimed...

Offline Riverhead

Offline 21xhipster

That is my story.
In a day BitShares 2.0 was released (13 october) I downloaded new full client and claimed some of my funds into it.
Everything worked fine except of one thing: you remember that initially backup didnt worked in full clients. I tried to do it using light wallet, but it failed to start. I decide to write down by brainkey instead of a wallet backup.
Two weeks later my full client have been stuck after hardfork. So I tried to import my brainkeys into openledger web wallet. Some of my accounts have been imported, but the 2 most important accounts just don't appear. I decide to wait some time until (1) a new version of light client will work to export my wallet or (2) there will be available new working build of a full client for osx. But nothing happens since.
The newest light client still show this error (1) on launch:
Code: [Select]
A JavaScript error occurred in the main process
Uncaught Exception:
SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input
    at Object.parse (native)
    at module.exports (/Applications/BitShares2-light 4.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/vendor/electron_boilerplate/window_state.js:25:40)
    at /Applications/BitShares2-light 4.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/electron.js:15:27
    at Object.<anonymous> (/Applications/BitShares2-light 4.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/electron.js:107:3)
    at Module._compile (module.js:430:26)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:448:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:355:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:310:12)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/Applications/BitShares2-light 4.app/Contents/Resources/atom.asar/browser/lib/init.js:108:10)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/Applications/BitShares2-light 4.app/Contents/Resources/atom.asar/browser/lib/init.js:110:4)
And (2) there is no builds of a full client available.
Also (3) I'd happy to import my keys manually from some directory but there is no a word in any docs about location of such files.

Please help to fix this. I need to recover my keys :-)