Author Topic: Can private and public blockchains be connected?  (Read 2332 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Worker proposal!

Yes!! Just do it!!  +5% +5% +5% :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
define  communication stardard   
data format   
standard api
then  exchange  data

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Yes, this exists and is possible. Crypti has private blockchains... each dApp uses its own blockchain. It also exists with merge-mined coins (namecoin, devcoin) and protocols built on top of Bitcoin (counterparty, mastercoin, rootstock). There are probably a lot of other examples that don't immediate come to mind.
How are merged mined chains private.?

I misunderstood the question haha... disregard my post.

I am not sure if it is possible. You may be able to encrypt the data stored in the merge mined coin's block chain and split the encryption key among numerous privately-controlled nodes (m of n style... in case one or a few are compromised).
They say doing public key encryption is not well tested especially while using the same curve (keys) for signing
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
Yes, this exists and is possible. Crypti has private blockchains... each dApp uses its own blockchain. It also exists with merge-mined coins (namecoin, devcoin) and protocols built on top of Bitcoin (counterparty, mastercoin, rootstock). There are probably a lot of other examples that don't immediate come to mind.

I misunderstood the question haha... disregard my post.

I am not sure if it is possible. You may be able to encrypt the data stored in the merge mined coin's block chain and split the encryption key among numerous privately-controlled nodes (m of n style... in case one or a few are compromised).
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
First I would like to say that I'm not hoping any bank adopts BitShares.

But I would like to know this. Banks want private blockchains. Can't we, with account permission and privacy related features create this? I mean, the concept of Intranet vs Internet is kind of ridiculous.

Mixing these we could simulate private chains up to some point right? It wouldn't really be a private chain per se. It would just be a simulated one. We could have 2 in 1 and be one step ahead in this race and have market mover advantage. Or isn't this realistic or feasible?

They would still have power in decision making. Well, with DPOS they can.

If it is, obviously banks or other big companies won't just forget their private blockchains like that, but with a little bit of exposure and if the word goes out, we could have the advantage. Lots of ifs and speculation, but it's just a thought.

We have certainly suggested it, but old habits die hard...  :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

Then I really don't know what's the big fuss about it if that can be done. Do those methods limit the power of those companies on the network? Most likely they do and that's why they avoid them.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
First I would like to say that I'm not hoping any bank adopts BitShares.

But I would like to know this. Banks want private blockchains. Can't we, with account permission and privacy related features create this? I mean, the concept of Intranet vs Internet is kind of ridiculous.

Mixing these we could simulate private chains up to some point right? It wouldn't really be a private chain per se. It would just be a simulated one. We could have 2 in 1 and be one step ahead in this race and have market mover advantage. Or isn't this realistic or feasible?

They would still have power in decision making. Well, with DPOS they can.

If it is, obviously banks or other big companies won't just forget their private blockchains like that, but with a little bit of exposure and if the word goes out, we could have the advantage. Lots of ifs and speculation, but it's just a thought.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads