Author Topic: [IMPORTANT] Simple ways to improve voting participation  (Read 4541 times)

jakub

@abit , excellent ideas
Please turn it into a github request so that it does not get buried on the forum.

I did a similar thing with my suggestions and it looks like @wmbutler might have a go at it:
https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene-ui/issues/630

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

All excellent suggestions.  +5%

Like to hear @cass weigh in on it all.

For the witness and committee areas I would suggest linking to our githubs as a standard. Not everyone will put up websites, and sometimes sites will not have all the information and updates we need.

With a github repo format it is consistent with the dev space and also gives them an opportunity to link to other sources and allows people to subscribe for updates and follow certain individuals. Also keeps a running history including modifications and edits.. can't get that from private sites.

https://github.com/BitShares-Committee/

https://github.com/BitShares-Witnesses/

They are both new, so it's experimental and depends on adoption I suppose... but I think its a good format to follow.. even Mozilla does this.

I think if areas started getting integrated into our interface existing and new witnesses and committee members would adopt the format.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
I totally support the UI development work, 
but I object to pay from the worker  when BTS is such a low price
my suggestion  is use the income from the network for the paid.

we are a company almost broke, you are all good, but we just can't pay for you now
I even agree pay for you with the future income from network.

I believe we pay 1 USD from the dilution, the share holders lose 10USD
You mean use the "money" on (or will soon be on) the committee account, arround $7000? Good idea. Do we need some kind of voting for this?
@cass your opinion?

//Edit:
Nobody approved http://cryptofresh.com/p/1.10.49 yet.
yes, we should try to use the income we have got and will got in the future to support development.
not from dilution when the price is such low.
I can accept dilution only  when the price is too high. I think this is  what real company should do.
in a real company, we should buy back shares instead of dilution at the low price.

comunity should dicuss on how to use these money
 we are not rich, so use these money carefully, only support the thing can't delay
and keep other things delay until we got more money.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 01:20:53 am by alt »

Offline rnglab

• View Profile
  • BitShares: rnglab
Make voting as easy as possible! Think like you are a user.
If we really think voting is important, why not let our users know it better?

1. Make a "Vote" link on the top of GUI, like this:
Dashboard | Explore | Trade | Transfer | Vote!

2. Put something better than this on the top of voting page:
"Since you own a LARGE amount of stake of the system/company, your opinion is VERY IMPORTANT. Your voting will improve/secure the system and make your stake more valuable. If you don't vote, others/attackers may vote against what you want, thus your stake may become less valuable."

3. Make the GUI of voting page simpler
[IMPORTANT] The order of roles/voting options are important, show the most important role/voting option on the top.
[IMPORTANT] Don't use tabs, Use DIV's with a "hide details/show details" button

4. show more attractive description of the roles, for example
* Committee member: committee members make important decisions to maker the system work better / more secure / more valuable.
    [BETTER] show a link "More info" to a document page in a new window.
    [IMPORTANT] show a button "Become a committee member!". It's very simple, just one click then you can become a committee member, right? And the cost is as cheap as 2 BTS, far far less than a transfer.
** Make a list of active committee members, sort by number of votes for her
** Make a list of inactive committee members or all committee memebers, sort by activity, the one who updated their votes most recently shows on the top. And an option to sort by weight.
** Use list view instead of card view.
** show the opinions of each committee member in the list. use different color to indicate. for example <green>1.4.10 <red>1.4.11 <grey>1.4.12, and a link on each item to the detailed proposal page, and a small tip show short description when mouse in stopped on it.
** Make a "support" button on every member, shows whether you supports him, able to change your decision by one-click

* Make a list of active committee proposals, with a button to support/decline if the user is a committee member, or a link "become a committee member to make decision" if the user is not a committee member

* Witnesses: witnesses are contributors that sign blocks, like the miners in Bitcoin. A witness earn 1.5 BTS for every block she signed.
    [IMPORTANT] show a link "More info" to a document page.
    [IMPORTANT] show a button "Become a witness!", link to a "how to" page

* Paid contributors/contributions/workers: we pay for "some good word here" contributors/contributions.
** show a link "Become a paid contributor!"
** show a list of current paid contributors, what they are doing or want to do, how much their got paid, etc
** Make a "support" button on every contributor, shows whether you supports him, able to change your decision by one-click

* Proxies: proxies are [soem attractive words here]
**  a link "Become a proxy",
** show a list of top proxies

[To be continued]

+5% to everything, voting shares are the foundation of DPOS. A deeper (and catchy) integration of voting into the user experience may help to unfreeze some of these great proposed features we have for instance.  Current functionality would improve a lot with a wider committee tweaking blockchain parameters.

At some point there'll be simpler wallets/interfaces for all those potential users who doesn't want to get involved in the consensus process, but now it's like having the the "Mine" button in the early bitcoin wallet, its where the whole system relies, where  user's confidence relies. I think we need it to be as simple, interactive, informative and fun as possible.

and +5% for Cass proposals!

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore

we are a company almost broke, you are all good, but we just can't pay for you now

You mean use the "money" on (or will soon be on) the committee account, arround $7000? Good idea. Do we need some kind of voting for this?
@cass your opinion?

//Edit:
Nobody approved http://cryptofresh.com/p/1.10.49 yet.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 12:35:20 am by abit »
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I like the detail of adding a voting tab at the top. It's something very simple but gets attention easier.

A red banner that only goes away after you vote would be a quick simple way to go.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I like the detail of adding a voting tab at the top. It's something very simple but gets attention easier.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
Yeah last few days have been slow.  I second voting for Cass.  I haven't commented because I don't have anything productive to say about the OP

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
Bump. The last time.
Maybe I'll leave someday, like @clout.

Great ideas, let's give everyone some time to reply. You just recently posted it, I'm still trying to digest all the proposed enhancements.
Sigh, this forum is much more deserted than before if my memory serves me right.

Most Online Today: 115. Most Online Ever: 373 (2013-12-06, 00:28:00)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 11:33:07 pm by abit »

TravelsAsia

Bump. The last time.

Great ideas, let's give everyone some time to reply. You just recently posted it, I'm still trying to digest all the proposed enhancements.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
Bump. The last time.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
For better UI, please vote for @cass  's worker proposal: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20856.0.html
:-*
Sad. So few response.
TL;DR or I missed something? People don't care about the UI and/or voting apathy?
Maybe better if have the UI design done first? Cass, imho we need you.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog