Author Topic: Who would support a limited offer of drastically reduced fees?  (Read 7285 times)

julian1

Who controls fees for functionality funded with fee-based assets?

committee/voters or the issuer of the asset?

Offline btswolf

I agree with lower fees/%based.
I wouldn`t promote it as limited or temporary, especially not with a date or number of months.
Don`t promise what you cannot guarantee because you cannot foresee what the fees will be in the future.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
I would support a temporary lowering of transfer fees.
I would support a permanent lowering of transfer fees.
+1
I would support percentage based transfer fees (with a minimum to prevent Spam and a maximum to remain competitive).
+1
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
I would support percentage based transfer fees (with a minimum to prevent Spam and a maximum to remain competitive).

I would not support any temporary lowering of fees or any reduction of fees other than moving to percentage based.

We do not want to get in to a race to the bottom.

This sounds best to me also. Lower fees alone are not going to attract a ton more users suddenly. Percentage-based fees make the most sense to me.

It is right that lower fees do not attract significantly more users. But I think lower fees are attractive for business runners who will bring  many users accompanied by.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I don't think fees play that much of an important role atm but I think this is a good idea to test the market. We can see it how it reacts. If we see more transactions and filled orders then it's worth it and we could continue with it, if not, we can go back to how we are atm. It's a good idea to see how the market reacts.

I asked for a cost to benefit analysis.

However given the idea to 'test'.. what is an even better idea is to research the market.. rather than taking a black eye of being 'unstable' in 'tests'.

I would propose if we really want to know what the market thinks of our fees or fees in the market place in general some market research should be done that provides us with real data from end users.

This should be among the first steps we take when we make decisions like this in order to work on real data instead of feelings.

I could get a researcher to undertake this work if you guys would support a worker proposal to gather such data. We are probably taking about 2 weeks and about $1500 to get the job done considering the data points and market size available.

Otherwise we can just keep playing roulette with Bitshares pricing that thus far as not landed on anything that resulted in significantly good results. Then again, we can keep spinning and may get lucky.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I don't think fees play that much of an important role atm but I think this is a good idea to test the market. We can see it how it reacts. If we see more transactions and filled orders then it's worth it and we could continue with it, if not, we can go back to how we are atm. It's a good idea to see how the market reacts.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

I would not support any temporary lowering of fees or any reduction of fees other than moving to percentage based.

This sounds best to me also. Lower fees alone are not going to attract a ton more users suddenly. Percentage-based fees make the most sense to me.

Offline onceuponatime

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Xeldal

I would support a temporary lowering of transfer fees.
I would support a permanent lowering of transfer fees.
I would support percentage based fees.

I would even support user defined transfer fees.  If there were some incentive for paying higher fees.
(moving slightly off topic and shooting in the dark)
I haven't worked out what that looks like yet but if transfers were nearly free and there was good incentive to manually pay higher fees, the system would be more flexible and appealing to every conceivable use case(micro, trial, testing, etc), while also maintaining income for referrals.  How to incentivize paying higher fees though? karma, reputation, tiered discounts, unlock features ?? 

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
I  much much support reduce the fee,
we can set the fee according to TPS  like the following module

we can select a term , such as 15 days as one months , adjust the fee according to TPS value
1. if TPS<=5.                   fee=2bts or $0.01
2. if 5<TPS<=10 ,             fee=4bts or $0.02
3. if 10<TPS<=20,            fee=6bts or $0.03
4. if 20<TPS<=40             fee=8bts or $0.04
5. if 40<TPS<=80             fee=10 bts or $0.05
6. if 80<TPS<=160           fee=12bts or $0.06
7. if 160 <TPS<320          fee=14bts or $0.07
8. if 320<TPS<=640         fee=16bts or $0.08
9.if 640 <TPS<=1280       fee=18bts or $0.09
10. if 1280<TPS<=2560  fee=20bts or $0.10
11. if TPS>2560                fee=40bts or $0.20

1. there would been lower fee when TPS is lower ,the purpose is to get more user .
2.when the TPS increase ,the fee increase also , it is not influence profile of BTS chain  and influence programs
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 04:48:06 pm by BTSdac »
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
"Everything must go!"
"Today, for one day only!"
"Buy now, it's never been a better time to buy!"

Price slashing, at least IMO, looks like something is wrong, like it's a "going out of business" sale or something. We should have started at free, or dirt cheap fees to begin with (like google did it).

I firmly agree that fees are too high, especially for the possibility of micro-transactions (like sending us a paltry 2 BTS donation with your mobile wallet use).

I like @jakub idea the best, using a percentage based fee structure.
I think @puppies had some cool ideas along these lines too.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I would like to see a cost to benefit analysis done before anything.

I don't think we are really in a position where the current fee structure is of any consequence with the value of BTS where it is currently.

Our fees are already at pennies.

I agree we need to attract more users and/or traders, I don't think you will find them on arguing over price.

If you make it all about price, then they will see no value in everything else the DEX has to offer.

+5%

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I would like to see a cost to benefit analysis done before anything.

I don't think we are really in a position where the current fee structure is of any consequence with the value of BTS where it is currently.

Our fees are already at pennies.

I agree we need to attract more users and/or traders, I don't think you will find them on arguing over price.

If you make it all about price, then they will see no value in everything else the DEX has to offer.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
I prefer to lower fees step by step.

BTS is not consumer goods, it like assets for investment, people normally do a long term thinking when then decide whether to step into the BTS market. so a 3-6 fees discount is not so attractive as expected.

anyway, this campaign is much better than staying unchanged.  +5%

Email:bitcrab@qq.com