Author Topic: Grandma's Mock Focus Group: Why did you choose NOT to use BitShares?  (Read 2747 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
On off ramps is something that businesses like OL etc are targeting. Since CNX is NOT in that business, why should they waste their dev power on it .. instead they improve the overall network and let others do their stuff ..

Offline Vizzini

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vizzini
You are quite right. BitShares depends on Bitcoin for anyone to get in or out. Stealth, Mutual Aid, all of the rest of those projects should be much lower priorities than getting on and off ramps using major currencies.
Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

38PTSWarrior

Yes, polls are outdated cause won't work from tapatalk!

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Thanks to everyone for their insights. Anyone else have an opinion on this before I close the poll?

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I choose none of them.

I think my words maybe too hard to be accept by some people, but I want to express my opinion, I will not choose BTS because the BTS and BM have a bad reputation, this give no confidence to the people. it's hard to build business on it now, recently when I introduce the BTS to some crypto people in china, they say hey I knew it, it's a scam, not decentralized, the developer just want more money, I know this is not true, but it's hard to persuade them even if we have a fantastic product.

maybe you will laugh at this people, but this is the real world, a sccessful bussiness need these people.

it's nothing wrong with wanting money . everybody need money.
but it's wrong to think that people will give you endless money on your terms while there are tons of solution out there and only a fraction of capital for these solutions .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline wallace

• View Profile
I choose none of them.

I think my words maybe too hard to be accepted by some people, but I want to express my opinion, I will not choose BTS because the BTS and BM have a bad reputation, this give no confidence to the people. it's hard to build business on it now, recently when I introduce the BTS to some crypto people in china, they say hey I knew it, it's a scam, not decentralized, the developer just want more money, I know this is not true, but it's hard to persuade them even if we have a fantastic product.

maybe you will laugh at this people, but this is the real world, a sccessful bussiness need these people.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 06:56:20 am by wallace »
give me money, I will do...

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Grandma said   "I don't trade or invest.  There is nothing I can currently do with bitshares or any of its tokens.  I'd use bitshares if I could play slots, cards or bingo, get reward points and coupons at stores I shop at,  or if I could share the risk of unforeseen financial burdens with my friends/family/community.  I would also use bitshares if it could save me money sending funds to my family overseas, or if the charities I contribute to had quicker access and could keep more of what I donate. "
Most of above can be done with BitShares.. We need adoption.. We need businesses build on the top of BitShares.

+5% exactly. Utility is key.. if we want all our grandmas to invest. :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Grandma said   "I don't trade or invest.  There is nothing I can currently do with bitshares or any of its tokens.  I'd use bitshares if I could play slots, cards or bingo, get reward points and coupons at stores I shop at,  or if I could share the risk of unforeseen financial burdens with my friends/family/community.  I would also use bitshares if it could save me money sending funds to my family overseas, or if the charities I contribute to had quicker access and could keep more of what I donate. "
Most of above can be done with BitShares.. We need adoption.. We need businesses build on the top of BitShares.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Xeldal

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 06:00:29 pm by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
This poll is for anybody/everybody. What do you think are the main barriers to entry for people using BitShares? What are the most common objections you hear?
If we can isolate some of the main reasons why not, then perhaps those are areas where we should focus our energy making improvements.
--------------------------------
Imagine you were introduced to BitShares recently and chose NOT to use it. Why not? Feel free to post and explain your reasoning.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 05:33:58 pm by donkeypong »