Author Topic: You know what would be cool ?  (Read 3111 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Already done.
We are releasing an updated version of BitShares Wallet next week with a feature called "Overdraft Protection". It allows your wallet to cash-out some of another pre-defined asset you hold, instantaneously.

We also will be releasing Smartcoins POS this coming week too which can auto-issue rewards card, loyalty uia's for being a loyal customer at that store/shop. These can be cashed-in the next time you shop there. It's totally free for merchants too, so I hope this helps with mass adoption.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Methodise

Yes, the amazing evolution of this technology is unfolding in front of our eyes. Exciting times. I would like to see community currencies spread along with autobridging, pathfinfing or whatever they call it. I see this more suitable for BitShares than Ethereum, but ethereum guys are ahead on this matter. https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/48ad3b/community_currency_now_live_on_the_blockchain/

Indeed, autobridging/pathfinfing as an option would be a better fit for Bitshares than Ethereum, seeing as Bitshares already provides numerous useful assets.

Perhaps there's a modest worker/poacher proposal in it.
BTS: methodise

Offline bitacer

Yes, the amazing evolution of this technology is unfolding in front of our eyes. Exciting times. I would like to see community currencies spread along with autobridging, pathfinfing or whatever they call it. I see this more suitable for BitShares than Ethereum, but ethereum guys are ahead on this matter. https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/48ad3b/community_currency_now_live_on_the_blockchain/

Offline Methodise

Lets say sometime in future I go to Starbucks to buy a cup of coffee and pay them with asset/currency of their choice even if I dont have any in my possession at that moment. Lets say all I have is some FISTBUMPS which have a value for somebody in the network but who is also willing to trade it only with some other asset and not with what I need , and I still cant pay the coffee with.

And the system on my phone app says : " Mr. bitacer, the system can match your order using our advanced order matching across different markets, and the bid price will be xxxx, if you approve this order will be executed, do you accept?" 

and right there at that moment I will have the value that Starbucks accepts.

will that be possible one day ? This would be the ultimate liquidity , no need to search and/or wait for my order to be executed, the system would do it for me.

Very cool indeed. I believe this is something Ripple, or Hyperledger does. I reckon Bitshares could manage a one-many-one market order function. Easily said.
BTS: methodise

Offline bitacer

Or if you happen to own some oil, you could pay your electricity bill with it  8)
I would also like to sell my time for a basket currency.

That basket concept could be really a hit.  :)

Offline MarkoPaasila

Or if you happen to own some oil, you could pay your electricity bill with it  8)
I would also like to sell my time for a basket currency.

38PTSWarrior

I met Pascal Krian who worked for Starbucks. He could open some doors.

thats great,  Starbucks is an example, I meant anywhere not only there. dont you think . wouldn't you want to pay your coffee with BRICS you got?  ;)
Totally, it would be a dream!

Offline bitacer

thats great,  Starbucks is an example, I meant anywhere not only there. dont you think . wouldn't you want to pay your coffee with BRICS you got?  ;)

38PTSWarrior

Offline bitacer

Lets say sometime in future I go to Starbucks to buy a cup of coffee and pay them with asset/currency of their choice even if I dont have any in my possession at that moment. Lets say all I have is some FISTBUMPS which have a value for somebody in the network but who is also willing to trade it only with some other asset and not with what I need , and I still cant pay the coffee with.

And the system on my phone app says : " Mr. bitacer, the system can match your order using our advanced order matching across different markets, and the bid price will be xxxx, if you approve this order will be executed, do you accept?" 

and right there at that moment I will have the value that Starbucks accepts.

will that be possible one day ? This would be the ultimate liquidity , no need to search and/or wait for my order to be executed, the system would do it for me.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 08:44:30 am by bitacer »