Author Topic: Farewell to Mike Hearn and Some Thoughts on Scalability  (Read 9621 times)

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
manner is very important .... pls calm down... Charles 's points make a lot of sense  ..  pay attention to what he said .... PTS was over 50 dollars while charles was with us .... +5% +5% +5% +5%

Oh, I can assure you that we DO see BitShares as a solution to Bitcoin's scaling problems. And its 1-hour confirmation times problems. And its governance problems. That's for starters. Amid the current controversies there, we have certainly used this as an opportunity to promote our solutions.

Two questions for you: First, if you don't see BitShares as part of the solution, then why do you bother posting here? Second, if you think BitShares and Etherum and other crypto-projects each offer something from which others can learn, perhaps puzzle pieces that fit together make up something greater, then why the hell don't you mention this in any of your writings?

If you want to bust bubble thinking, then how about helping your readers connect the dots just a bit?
really ?  50*6.2=300+ RMB . ...... The highest price for PTS was 200 RMB if I remembered correctly
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline twitter

• View Profile
manner is very important .... pls calm down... Charles 's points make a lot of sense  ..  pay attention to what he said .... PTS was around 50 dollars  (maybe less can not recall the exactly number) while charles was with us .... +5% +5% +5% +5%

Oh, I can assure you that we DO see BitShares as a solution to Bitcoin's scaling problems. And its 1-hour confirmation times problems. And its governance problems. That's for starters. Amid the current controversies there, we have certainly used this as an opportunity to promote our solutions.

Two questions for you: First, if you don't see BitShares as part of the solution, then why do you bother posting here? Second, if you think BitShares and Etherum and other crypto-projects each offer something from which others can learn, perhaps puzzle pieces that fit together make up something greater, then why the hell don't you mention this in any of your writings?

If you want to bust bubble thinking, then how about helping your readers connect the dots just a bit?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 05:33:32 am by twitter »
witness:

Offline giant middle finger

• View Profile
Nice publication Chuck, thanks for mentioning BTS in your article.

(see, now that wasn't too hard now was it?)

Can we please try the high road for once fellas?

who the hell passes the war pipe anymore?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 06:57:34 am by giant middle finger »

Offline Vizzini

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vizzini

Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

TravelsAsia

You know what the fundamental problem that the Bitshares community has always had. You guys decided that you solved all of the space's problems and then went into a bubble saying let's not interact with others outside of declaring our vast superiority. This debate is a perfect opportunity to inject Bitshares into the discussion about reaching scalability. Bitcoin issues are Bitshares issues. Bitshares was funded by Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the reference cryptocurrency for all people to compare against. And both use the same family of technologies.

If someone is saying hey let's improve the core technology in Bitcoin, then everyone in the Bitshares community should be leaping at the opportunity to have a discussion about it. It means you get media exposure, new developer interest and perhaps more funding. Use common sense man!

I don't have much to add except what you said makes sense to me.  Especially with the discussion of bringing Mike Hearn to a hangout, I don't understand the objection.

IOHKCharles

You know what the fundamental problem that the Bitshares community has always had. You guys decided that you solved all of the space's problems and then went into a bubble saying let's not interact with others outside of declaring our vast superiority. This debate is a perfect opportunity to inject Bitshares into the discussion about reaching scalability. Bitcoin issues are Bitshares issues. Bitshares was funded by Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the reference cryptocurrency for all people to compare against. And both use the same family of technologies.

If someone is saying hey let's improve the core technology in Bitcoin, then everyone in the Bitshares community should be leaping at the opportunity to have a discussion about it. It means you get media exposure, new developer interest and perhaps more funding. Use common sense man!

Offline Vizzini

• View Profile
@fav , please move this to Random Discussion. BitShares is not mentioned substantively in the article. The post has no relevance on this board.

It is relevant because governance is one of the core VP of bitshares and that's the core of the Bitcoin crisis. I'm truly sorry that you are incapable of abstract thinking.

If that's true, then why didn't you say so in the article? Why not mention some better experimental examples of governance structure such as this one? It is ALL about Bitcoin. Of course, we are all following the governance issues there with great interest. I get the indirect context. But if your article is relevant enough to post here, then we might as well stream the whole Reddit sub into the BitShares forum.

The only mention of BitShares and Ethereum is that one of Bitcoin's accomplishments has been to inspire other uses of the blockchain (such as...).

I'll tell you why you mentioned both of those in passing. Barely even in passing. You mentioned them so that you could post on the Ethereum and BitShares forums and crow about your article.

Well, it's a very thoughtful, well-researched, and reasoned analysis...of Bitcoin's issue, not ours. @fav , It belongs in Random Discussion. Or maybe Mr. Hoskinson should have his own child board for posting his enlightened thoughts on all things great and small?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 06:02:51 am by Vizzini »

IOHKCharles

@fav , please move this to Random Discussion. BitShares is not mentioned substantively in the article. The post has no relevance on this board.

It is relevant because governance is one of the core VP of bitshares and that's the core of the Bitcoin crisis. I'm truly sorry that you are incapable of abstract thinking.

Offline Vizzini

• View Profile