Author Topic: Farewell to Mike Hearn and Some Thoughts on Scalability  (Read 9555 times)

TravelsAsia

I'm trying not to laugh here with some of these responses. I just fail to see the value trying to smack down Charles.

@IOHKCharles

I'm basically a nobody in this community, just a heavy MUSE investor. However, if it was me, I would ask you 1 simple question:

Charles,

I appreciate what you wrote about (insert article). If BitShares provided a response to address on how we believe we address the issues you pointed out in (insert article), would you be willing to include it at the bottom?

That at least attempts to find value and reach outside this direct community. 

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
Enjoy: http://hoskinsoncharles.blogspot.com/2016/01/goodbye-mike-and-some-thoughts-about.html I even mentioned Bitshares.

you even mentioned Bitshares - kappa!

you made a post of x1000 words and the name of Bitshares is 1 word of it.

you talked a lot of solving the problems, but it seems we have no solutions for this problems, because we are not mentioned for our technology. Why should your post stay in "Bitshares" thread?

moving to other threads is happening here a lot and will always be, so i would like if you also keep a nice wording. I expect more!!

So you moved my post to random? Fucking seriously? Fuck it Fav, I won't post any articles or items on Bitsharestalk anymore.

and why did you not include yourself to this community? Your are posting like your oponent, so it seems strange that you are not part of bitsharestalk.

You know what the fundamental problem that the Bitshares community has always had. You guys decided that you solved all of the space's problems and then went into a bubble saying let's not interact with others outside of declaring our vast superiority. This debate is a perfect opportunity to inject Bitshares into the discussion about reaching scalability. Bitcoin issues are Bitshares issues. Bitshares was funded by Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the reference cryptocurrency for all people to compare against. And both use the same family of technologies.

If someone is saying hey let's improve the core technology in Bitcoin, then everyone in the Bitshares community should be leaping at the opportunity to have a discussion about it. It means you get media exposure, new developer interest and perhaps more funding. Use common sense man!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 05:42:18 pm by Shentist »

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
You know what the fundamental problem that the Bitshares community has always had. You guys decided that you solved all of the space's problems and then went into a bubble saying let's not interact with others outside of declaring our vast superiority. This debate is a perfect opportunity to inject Bitshares into the discussion about reaching scalability. Bitcoin issues are Bitshares issues. Bitshares was funded by Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the reference cryptocurrency for all people to compare against. And both use the same family of technologies.

If someone is saying hey let's improve the core technology in Bitcoin, then everyone in the Bitshares community should be leaping at the opportunity to have a discussion about it. It means you get media exposure, new developer interest and perhaps more funding. Use common sense man!

I agree with Charles.  Might even host Ethereum VM on the Graphene real time platform and simply 100% sharedrop it on Bitcoin holders.  Then buy up whatever gets dumped by irreconcilable maximalists.

Maybe even give bitcoiners a number of months to claim and then route unclaimed tokens into a Reserve Backed Asset (RBA) that gets a trickle of those unclaimed coins as its revenue stream.  Sharedrop the RBA to holders of ETH and BTS as compensation for their donated technology.  That would make the RBA liquid immediately while only gradually putting the unclaimed Bitcoin2 coins on the market. 

The trouble is it would have to be done by somebody other than us or it would be perceived as an attack.  Somebody equally respected by Bitcoin, Ethereum, and BitShares communities...

Any takers?

We are not respected by all communities.. but it might be a worthy undertaking for us to help organize and back.

I am kinda stunned by the prospect.

If the problem is us, just get other people to join in, it doesn't need someone completely from the outside. CNX and Vitalik for example.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I agree with Charles.  Might even host Ethereum VM on the Graphene real time platform and simply 100% sharedrop it on Bitcoin holders.  Then buy up whatever gets dumped by irreconcilable maximalists.

Maybe even give bitcoiners a number of months to claim and then route unclaimed tokens into a Reserve Backed Asset (RBA) that gets a trickle of those unclaimed coins as its revenue stream.  Sharedrop the RBA to holders of ETH and BTS as compensation for their donated technology.  That would make the RBA liquid immediately while only gradually putting the unclaimed Bitcoin2 coins on the market. 

The trouble is it would have to be done by somebody other than us or it would be perceived as an attack.  Somebody equally respected by Bitcoin, Ethereum, and BitShares communities...

Any takers?

We are not respected by all communities.. but it might be a worthy undertaking for us to help organize and back.

I am kinda stunned by the prospect.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
So you moved my post to random? Fucking seriously? Fuck it Fav, I won't post any articles or items on Bitsharestalk anymore.

IOHKCharles

Offline DMo09

• View Profile
Truth:

Also, Charles, whatever your issues are with Bts & the community, I'm sure you/they/we can work them out.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 04:50:25 pm by DMo09 »

jakub

This is what you do, Charles:

(1) You write an interesting article about the issue of blockchain governance.
(2) You deliberately avoid referring to BitShares (while you manage to mention Ethereum's GHOST twice even though Ethereum has nothing to do with governance).
(3) You deliberately derail any discussion on the merits of your article because once again we get distracted by the subject of Bitshares not being mentioned.

Then you are happy to prove your point that we are not interested in any discussion and that we just declare our "vast superiority" and choose to stay "in a bubble".

This is not a genuine invitation for discussion.
This is your way of teasing us.

I know you are smart enough with PR that if you really wanted to engage us in a real discussion, you would know how to achieve this and you would have done it.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

One person does not make the community.. Most of us are receptive to crypto news regardless thus making the community opposite of what you just made it out to be. Nice article.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline phillyguy

@fav , please move this to Random Discussion. BitShares is not mentioned substantively in the article. The post has no relevance on this board.

It is relevant because governance is one of the core VP of bitshares and that's the core of the Bitcoin crisis. I'm truly sorry that you are incapable of abstract thinking.

LOL. Couldn't resist being a dickhead with that last sentence. For all your brains you haven't learned how to control your massive ego, apparently.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Since nobody is talking about Bitcoin governance, I'm really skeptical that it can be saved. There is no serious brainstorming in Bitcoin community to find an adequate governance mechanism.

Even if they find a good governance structure, it will be very difficult to change to it. Why? Because Bitcoin is lacking it now. They are unable to do any meaningful changes to anything. I predict that it will mean that Bitcoin is pretty much doomed.

So, what's the best blockchain governance system today? IMO Bitshares is the leader, I haven't seen anything that would be even close to us. This is what I've been telling to my friends. I recommend that everyone of you will do the same. Great governance system is one of our biggest selling points.

BTW, there was already a topic for this. To keep the forum clean, OP should have been posted there. General discussion is already bloating too much of topics that should be elsewhere.
Couldn't have said any better ..

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Any takers?

@Rune .. he already had nice ideas of a bitcoin 'takeover' .. doesn't need to be a hostile one

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Any takers?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 02:51:49 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
@fav , please move this to Random Discussion. BitShares is not mentioned substantively in the article. The post has no relevance on this board.
+5%

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
Since nobody is talking about Bitcoin governance, I'm really skeptical that it can be saved. There is no serious brainstorming in Bitcoin community to find an adequate governance mechanism.

Even if they find a good governance structure, it will be very difficult to change to it. Why? Because Bitcoin is lacking it now. They are unable to do any meaningful changes to anything. I predict that it will mean that Bitcoin is pretty much doomed.

So, what's the best blockchain governance system today? IMO Bitshares is the leader, I haven't seen anything that would be even close to us. This is what I've been telling to my friends. I recommend that everyone of you will do the same. Great governance system is one of our biggest selling points.

BTW, there was already a topic for this. To keep the forum clean, OP should have been posted there. General discussion is already bloating too much of topics that should be elsewhere.