Author Topic: Farewell to Mike Hearn and Some Thoughts on Scalability  (Read 9624 times)

jakub

I wish he can stay and we need to learn how to react to harsh remarks.

CH never offered any "harsh remarks" about BitShares.
He just kept ignoring BitShares.

Offline twitter

• View Profile
@fav   @Shentist

Do you think it is a good idea to move this thread back to where Charles posted.......   

BTS  welcomes any kind of ideals and suggestions .... no matter in any kind of ways .... more harsh more welcome  +5% +5% +5% +5%
we are going to build the best de-centralized exchange platform and not a cat fight platform   

What's with the hate?

WTF did Charles do to you to illicit such a powerful negative response?

This debate is a perfect opportunity to inject Bitshares into the discussion about reaching scalability.

Are you guys nuts?

Maybe I'm too new here and don't know the history of how he pissed in stan's gas tank, but I would love to learn, so I could hate this guy too.

Might even host Ethereum VM on the Graphene real time platform and simply 100% sharedrop it on Bitcoin holders. 

The trouble is it would have to be done by somebody other than us or it would be perceived as an attack.

Why would it be viewed as an attack?

Is IBM attacking ethereum by using a fork of its code and sharedropping it to its businesses?

No

Did NEM  get pissed when that bank forked its code (POI) and distributed it to its subsidiaries?

No, it's market cap doubled.

What present reality are you guys watching, because I have no real world reference for your scientific perspective, and frankly, I'm beginning to think that we are speaking a different language.

I prefer math, science, and historical fact, vs unprecedented speculation.  What historical precedent are you referencing when you make such claims that we would not be perceived as just another Ethereum marketing fanclub like IBM?

Where are all the "OMG IBM is ATTACKING Ethereum" links?  All I've seen are "down goes another domino, first, IBM, now BTS gives in to Ethereum's superior VM tech"

Thanks to BTS, Ethereum becomes the global turing complete standard.

What would appear adversarial is if we tried to set a different VM code standard.

Where are you coming from here?

Standardization is what every crypto community has always clamored for.  No?

Without standardization or standardized languages and references, great social projects are inefficient:

witness:

Offline twitter

• View Profile
Charles always wanted to provoke this community, a troublemaker I say.

After his last post all I have to say is good ridance charles, we will miss your provocations. "Bitshares is mentioned" LOL

Sure, that's much more effective to tell him to 'get off our lawn' then asking him if we could provide some commentary to his articles that reach behind our very limited reach.  It's not like we have a flood of new supporters banging down our door.  I read he deleted his account, just food for thought for the next identified 'troublemaker'.  We need to learn to work with people that see things differently and find some value in the exchange.
Totally agree. I think we all owe Charls an apology for not treat him in a professional way. @stan. Could you please ping him and bring him back to our forum[emoji12]
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 03:01:04 am by twitter »
witness:

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
What's with the hate?

This debate is a perfect opportunity to inject Bitshares into the discussion about reaching scalability.

Are you guys nuts?

Maybe I'm too new here and don't know the history of how he pissed in stan's gas tank, but I would love to learn, so I could hate this guy too.

Might even host Ethereum VM on the Graphene real time platform and simply 100% sharedrop it on Bitcoin holders. 

The trouble is it would have to be done by somebody other than us or it would be perceived as an attack.

Is IBM attacking ethereum by using a fork of its code and sharedropping it to its businesses?

No

Did NEM  get pissed when that bank forked its code (POI) and distributed it to its subsidiaries?

What present reality are you guys watching, because I have no real world reference for your scientific perspective, and frankly, I'm beginning to think that we are speaking a different language.

I prefer math, science, and historical fact, vs unprecedented speculation.  What historical precedent are you referencing when you make such claims that we would not be perceived as just another Ethereum marketing fanclub like IBM?

Where are all the "OMG IBM is ATTACKING Ethereum" links?  All I've seen are "down goes another domino, first, IBM, now BTS gives in to Ethereum's superior VM tech"

What would appear adversarial is if we tried to set a different VM code standard.

Without standardization or standardized languages and references, great social projects are inefficient:

I don't seem to remember Dan or me posting anything negative about Charles in the history of this forum.

I agree with your other points.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
What's with the hate?

Are you guys nuts?

No

« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 10:22:27 pm by Erlich Bachman »
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
If thats all it took for him to delete his account then i agree, a frontfacing community member as fragile as him might do more harm than good once our marketcap is higher... Remember this ismthe second or third time he has deleted his account and gone away. First time he didnt beleve in the direction, second one i guess he conceded and went away after overstock went with another platform and now third time,i believe.

Child like antics from a not so grown up man who thinks he is too smart for his own good.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 09:56:44 pm by jsidhu »
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

TravelsAsia

After his last post all I have to say is good ridance charles, we will miss your provocations. "Bitshares is mentioned" LOL

Sure, that's much more effective to tell him to 'get off our lawn' then asking him if we could provide some commentary to his articles that reach behind our very limited reach.  It's not like we have a flood of new supporters banging down our door.  I read he deleted his account, just food for thought for the next identified 'troublemaker'.  We need to learn to work with people that see things differently and find some value in the exchange.

Offline twitter

• View Profile
People has different personalities and use different way to communicate.  charles knows all the weakness of our product. I wish he can stay and we need to learn how to react to harsh remarks.
witness:

chryspano

Offline fuzzy

I for one would love to see the BitShares governance structure (versus others) debated in the broader community. So why not write a BitShares media piece to lead that discussion?

there is an epic divide for some reason between charles and dan from past.  where i think those disagreements would actually create two camps that powerfully contribute to bitshares while also competing with often opposing ideas...would be cool.

but i do agree that it would be nice to see.  everyone ignoring bitshares' answers to bitcoins current problems does tend to offend those who have invested in the project.  I can definitely appreciate why you think he should have put bts in there as a proposed solution (dpos/graphene), but because of this history i dont think we can really ever expect charles to mame bitshares or plug it in any positive way. 

Interesting and difficult dynamic of you ask me...though i think that this energy could be directed toward more beneficial means.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 06:05:11 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

So you moved my post to random? Fucking seriously? Fuck it Fav, I won't post any articles or items on Bitsharestalk anymore.

hi charles, lots of members from our community like you. You are  valuable asset in our community. 

Just like BM, i am re-thinking your pow/pos design for bts mining  which you pointed out before dpos was in place . Time just proved you were right[emoji1]  . ether's  pow mining has brought lots of  miners into the game ....

just so you guys know, there was something called sparkle that ar one point a dev released that did precisely that but didnt work out :/

regardless, i have been asked by charles to let everyone know he has deleted his account and will not be responding anymore.   
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline twitter

• View Profile
So you moved my post to random? Fucking seriously? Fuck it Fav, I won't post any articles or items on Bitsharestalk anymore.

our community  really need someone like charles .  we need some 3rd parties opinions to  make us turning more better ..... :) :)

we need to learn to be smart enough to listen to harsh remarks from other communities
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 04:04:08 am by twitter »
witness:

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
I for one would love to see the BitShares governance structure (versus others) debated in the broader community. So why not write a BitShares media piece to lead that discussion?

Offline DMo09

• View Profile
"...the support of ideas from over a thousand altcoins running experiments including Bitshares and Ethereum. The fact that we are having a transaction crisis is a symptom of success not coming doom!"

To me, it kind of sounds like Charles is foreshadowing the success of Bts & Eth..... and I would have to agree.  It is unrealistic to expect Btc to shoulder the task of revolutionizing the global financial world.  Especially as a first-generation blockchain technology.  Who still has a first-gen iPhone?  I don't.

Offline twitter

• View Profile

hi charles, lots of members from our community like you. You are  valuable asset in our community. 

Just like BM, i am re-thinking your pow/pos design for bts mining  which you pointed out before dpos was in place . Time just proved you were right[emoji1]  . ether's  pow mining has brought lots of  miners into the game .... 
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 04:08:28 am by twitter »
witness: