Author Topic: Meanwhile - Ethereum quietly overtakes Ripple  (Read 6904 times)

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I think they well deserve it. They have great ideas, great developers and did way better marketing it then we did.
And we need to get to the point that we have the same optimism and enthusiasm in our community as they have it in theirs.
Who's with me?

I think it's not that simple .
Crypto are risky investment object , it's not like any usual commodity where you can sell it like crazy by promotion , features and usage .

The only reason that a risky investment object can rise is because some capital is willing to risk their money and speculate on a return . Users are not gonna do that , they'll just pay petty fees and won't risk that much .

Even with Ethereum today, I don't think it's development,marketing that matters . Coding and marketing are cheap , Money is real .   

That's why I also believe Bitcoin will still be the king in many years to come .

It's just like the argument against alt-coin in the beginning ----- No matter how good you are , people can copy it in one sec .  But what they can't copy , is the money behind it .
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 06:24:39 am by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Let it rise and rise, paves the way for all 2.0 stuff, just like Bitcoin paved the way for Litecoin. Reminds me how low LTC/Ripple are atm, not to mention BitShares, everybody work hard and invest your best, in the end freedom and powerlaws beats divisory common sense ;)

a little different . LTC go up because of speculative drive .

And bitshares has made a point that it's gonna rise through "real users" .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

Has Ethereum run into the same problems that we had i.e. running out of donation funds and having to resort to dilution to pay developers?

That should start to bite at some point.

No.  Their devs, like Bitcoins devs are paid by a centralized company who has significant backing.  It is called Consensys and the Eth team is paid directly by this wealthy benefactor out of New York City who owns the company.

So the talk about it being all decentralized compared to bitshares is illegitimate farse. :D

fuzzy , you're way out of date about your conspiracy theories . Eth team is directly paid by what's left of their IPO money , and consensys is a private company that provide technical solution to earn money for themselves . If the Eth team start to go rouge , there will be plenty of companies can balance it by providing redundant development force  .

You can choose not to believe it . But if you're gonna do a decent conspiracy theories , at least make claims that's not verifiable through open information . that's how conspiracy theories  usually works .

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Has Ethereum run into the same problems that we had i.e. running out of donation funds and having to resort to dilution to pay developers?

I don't think they're gonna .
Ethereum started to kick developers out and let them start their own business built around Ethereum .

And many of them have running quite well themselves , and raised funding themselves from other sources .

Finding jobs and building their own companies are much easier than to rebuild the reputation after destroying it by changing allocation model .

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I think they well deserve it. They have great ideas, great developers and did way better marketing it then we did.
And we need to get to the point that we have the same optimism and enthusiasm in our community as they have it in theirs.
Who's with me?

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline monsterer

My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

No.  Their devs, like Bitcoins devs are paid by a centralized company who has significant backing.  It is called Consensys and the Eth team is paid directly by this wealthy benefactor out of New York City who owns the company.

So the talk about it being all decentralized compared to bitshares is illegitimate farse. :D
Plus the have the same governance problem as bitcoin .. just with smart contract reducing the need for hard fork (at least in their mind)

Fortunatelly for them there is just one devteam working on the new consensus scheme (pos) .. not to imagine the politics if there was a competing conensus proposal/implementation

38PTSWarrior

It's not possible to buy etherium on dex right?
What should I do? Sell here and buy it on poloniex?

Yep because apparently we don't think it is a good idea to be trading other coins on our exchange :/

Looking forward to the day that changes though.. I have the tools needed.
Thanks, let's go people, we need more currencies on the dex. I guess I cannot help her but if, let me know.

Offline fuzzy

Yep because apparently we don't think it is a good idea to be trading other coins on our exchange :/

Looking forward to the day that changes though.. I have the tools needed.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

38PTSWarrior

Offline testz

Who's with me?

:)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Who's with me?

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Let it rise and rise, paves the way for all 2.0 stuff, just like Bitcoin paved the way for Litecoin. Reminds me how low LTC/Ripple are atm, not to mention BitShares, everybody work hard and invest your best, in the end freedom and powerlaws beats divisory common sense ;)