Author Topic: please don't dilution for any reason at this low price  (Read 9600 times)

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
I believe when we dilution 1 USD value BTS, the share holders will lose more than 10 USD.
How so?

Do you think the committee would use their accumulated fee income to pay for workers instead?
I welcome your approach and am willing to be payed by other means as long as can fill my fridge
Although the accumulated fees of bitUSD and etc seem to be a bit high right now, they can only be spent one time.

In the long run, accumulated fee of an asset is not income, it's a swap position between BTS and that asset.

When the fee pool is running out, either sell the accumulated fee into market for BTS to charge fee pool, or request  more BTS via workers. I prefer the former.

Agree with abit here.
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

jakub

I guess I have said my point very clear,
no dilution.
saved money.
be stricted to every task need to pay.
have a total budget limit for all tasks,
then you'll really think about which task is the most important.

don't spent the share holders money like play a game.

don't say current price is just because of  people who look for a quick profit,
all I have seen is many people who really love BTS have left.

We need to be prudent with the money being spent - I agree.
But let us not be afraid to spend money in general.

If we agree that our devs are good and our ideas are good, then there is no way the output of this process cannot be good.
We end up having less money (and possibly lower market cap in the short run) but in exchange we also end up having a better product (and possibly higher market cap in the long run).

So it works like a time machine: we are transforming shareholder's money of today into useful products in the future. This is what a company is all about.
The shareholders didn't choose us to sit on their money and do nothing. We need to act. But I agree we need to spend the money wisely.

And that's why I was upset when you declared you'd be voting NO to all worker proposals.
Vote NO only to the stupid ones or those which you think are too expensive in relation to expected benefits.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
...and amend the strategy when realize you've made a wrong move , is strength .

But, wouldn't that be called, um, "making changes"?

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
So why devs go by FBA? Do you think your work are not good enough to attract outside fund yourself?

We continue dilution to "pay" the dev for 2.5 years and the market cap drop down by 95%.

That 's the meaning we pay? I am so confused.

Maybe the dev and the "loyalty supporter" don't hold any bts at all.  Any method to dilution and quickly cash out by is the goal.

such hypocritical

Dilution is a tiny fraction compared to what bitcoin is diluting and while Bitcoin dilutes to pay for global warming, every Satoshi of BTS dilution funds useful contributions to the BTS ecosystem.

There has been a net flow of resources from the devs to the community in terms of new features we have paid for since early 2015.

According to my records, more than 21000 manhours were contributed in cash or labor at no cost to BitShares by CNX stakeholders in 2015.

This continues in 2016 with support for building CNX and third party businesses on top of BitShares. 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 03:34:22 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

TravelsAsia

Maybe the dev and the "loyalty supporter" don't hold any bts at all.  Any method to dilution and quickly cash out by is the goal.

such hypocritical

Conspiracy theories don't get us closer to our goals. BM recently stated (I can locate the link if needed) that he is one of the biggest BTS whales. Air quotes don't make it true.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

High quality & efficient devs are one of our best assets.
We have a consensus embedded in the blockchain that allows us to spend 5 BTS per second on workers. And this consensus is already factored in the price.
Other blockchains spend it on electricity, we spend it on development - this is our strength.
We should utilize those funds and not be scared about the market cap going down.
Unless you think that BitShares is a finished product at this stage and no more development is needed.

I agree on this.
no one like the market cap going down, but we should not stop funding dev because of this.
there are consensus on dev funding, shareholders are free to say no to the worker proposals if they think it unnecessary. let the voting result decide for each proposal.

Well stated @bitcrab+5% Agree.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
We have a consensus embedded in the blockchain that allows us to spend 5 BTS per second on workers. And this consensus is already factored in the price.
Other blockchains spend it on electricity, we spend it on development - this is our strength.
We should utilize those funds and not be scared about the market cap going down.
Unless you think that BitShares is a finished product at this stage and no more development is needed.

I agree on this.
no one like the market cap going down, but we should not stop funding dev because of this.
there are consensus on dev funding, shareholders are free to say no to the worker proposals if they think it unnecessary. let the voting result decide for each proposal.
+5%

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab

I agree on this.
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

jakub

so why don't we just dilute 100000000000000000000000000000000 BTS to hire more people to develop amazing features for BTS ?  Knowing every BTS spent will be well worth it .
We don't dilute 100000000000000000000000000000000 BTS because there is a limit of 5 BTS per second embedded in the blockchain.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
do you have a plan for the development work?
It's up to each worker proposal to have a viable plan and deliver - or not get paid.

do you have a budget limit?
Yes, each worker proposal has a strict limit and there is also a total limit for all worker proposals - 5 BTS per second.

do you have a priority for the task lists?
Yes, priority is set by shareholders' votes.

the value of these devlopment's will be relected in what place?
take the money from these place please. this could be a fair deal.
This is what FBAs are for.

What's your point, alt? You've been with BitShares long enough to know all these things.
Let us not be scared by the market cap - this is only a manifestation of external perception by people who look for a quick profit.

We are in a good shape - as long as the development is steady and the stuff we produce can be considered useful for our future customers.
Spending funds meant for workers on... our workers is part of our business model - we do and should continue to do it, just like others spend money on mining.
I guess I have said my point very clear,
no dilution.
saved money.
be stricted to every task need to pay.
have a total budget limit for all tasks,
then you'll really think about which task is the most important.

don't spent the share holders money like play a game.

don't say current price is just because of  people who look for a quick profit,
all I have seen is many people who really love BTS have left.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 12:51:10 pm by alt »

Offline deer

• View Profile
So why devs go by FBA? Do you think your work are not good enough to attract outside fund yourself?

We continue dilution to "pay" the dev for 2.5 years and the market cap drop down by 95%.

That 's the meaning we pay? I am so confused.

such hypocritical

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
It's up to each worker proposal to have a viable plan and deliver - or not get paid.

Yes, each worker proposal has a strict limit and there is also a total limit for all worker proposals - 5 BTS per second.

What's your point, alt? You've been with BitShares long enough to know all these things.
Let us not be scared by the market cap - this is only a manifestation of external perception by people who look for a quick profit.

We are in a good shape - as long as the development is steady and the stuff we produce can be considered useful for our future customers.
Spending funds meant for workers on... our workers is part of our business model - we do and should continue to do it, just like others spend money on mining.

so why don't we just dilute 100000000000000000000000000000000 BTS to hire more people to develop amazing features for BTS ?  Knowing every BTS spent will be well worth it .

And make it 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 BTS dilution , and we will take over Bitcoin soon
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

jakub

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I prefer to pay for the development work from our network income.
Where does this "network income" is supposed to come from?
I thought you were a strong proponent of low transfer fees.

even we can issue an IOU USD reserved by future network income, we can pay development by the future income.
if you believe your work worth for the payment, it should bring enough incomes, and these incomes will used to buy back the IOU USA.
So you want the devs to do the job and take the downside risk.
If things go bad, they'll foot the bill.
If things go well, you'll be happy to participate in the profits.

so I'll be the bad guy, I'll object all dilution workers.
if you agree me, please set account "baozi" as your  vote proxy, thanks.
I disagree with you completely.

Spending money by dilution is not a strength .
It's just "things that everybody knows how to do" .
Every company on Earth knows how to spending money .

Only few of them can yielded positive financial gain .  Most of them are bankrupted  . 

Doing the right thing , making the right choice , spending the money with calculated strategy , and amend the strategy when realize you've made a wrong move , is strength .

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi