Author Topic: please don't dilution for any reason at this low price  (Read 9621 times)

jakub

I prefer to pay for the development work from our network income.
Where does this "network income" is supposed to come from?
I thought you were a strong proponent of low transfer fees.

even we can issue an IOU USD reserved by future network income, we can pay development by the future income.
if you believe your work worth for the payment, it should bring enough incomes, and these incomes will used to buy back the IOU USA.
So you want the devs to do the job and take the downside risk.
If things go bad, they'll foot the bill.
If things go well, you'll be happy to participate in the profits.

so I'll be the bad guy, I'll object all dilution workers.
if you agree me, please set account "baozi" as your  vote proxy, thanks.
I disagree with you completely.
High quality & efficient devs are one of our best assets.

We have a consensus embedded in the blockchain that allows us to spend 5 BTS per second on workers. And this consensus is already factored in the price.
Other blockchains spend it on electricity, we spend it on development - this is our strength.
We should utilize those funds and not be scared about the market cap going down.
Unless you think that BitShares is a finished product at this stage and no more development is needed.

jakub

curren markep cap for BTS is 7m USD
In fact there are only about 350K USD available in the market support these shares.
if you continue dilution, more money will leave BTS
in fact evey USD pay for the workers is paid from these 350K usd.
if no new money join us, how much do you think these poor money can continue pay for?

Well, the 'good thing' is BM only asks for 50 to 75K USD at a time... so all I am saying it want happen at once... add a 2-3 good announcement in between and you have a good year, year and a half before BTS market cap hits the million mark.

I agree with you, tonyk, you are absolutely right.
Those lazy guys, who call themselves developers, should be happy to have the privilege to work for us for free.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
I believe when we dilution 1 USD value BTS, the share holders will lose more than 10 USD.
How so?

Do you think the committee would use their accumulated fee income to pay for workers instead?
I welcome your approach and am willing to be payed by other means as long as can fill my fridge
Although the accumulated fees of bitUSD and etc seem to be a bit high right now, they can only be spent one time.

In the long run, accumulated fee of an asset is not income, it's a swap position between BTS and that asset.

When the fee pool is running out, either sell the accumulated fee into market for BTS to charge fee pool, or request  more BTS via workers. I prefer the former.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Couldn't this be prevented if you require a vesting period of 6 months or more for workers?

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
In fact there are only about 350K USD available in the market support these shares.
if no new money join us, how much do you think these poor money can continue pay for?

Well, the 'good thing' is BM only asks for 50 to 75K USD at a time... so all I am saying it want happen at once... add a 2-3 good announcement in between and you have a good year, year and a half before BTS market cap hits the million mark.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 07:03:14 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi

Offline alt

• View Profile
I believe when we dilution 1 USD value BTS, the share holders will lose more than 10 USD.
How so?

Do you think the committee would use their accumulated fee income to pay for workers instead?
I welcome your approach and am willing to be payed by other means as long as can fill my fridge
from the experience of a  common stock trade market, there are about 5%  shares active in the trade,
so if there are 1m USD available in the market trade for BTS, there are about 20m USD market cap for BTS.

for most workers, they sold  all BTS got from the payment at current price, and take away these money from market.
if they sold 10k USD, the market cap reduce 10k*20 = 200K USD
and these will caused more desperate money leave BTS at such a low price.

If I am the owner of a componey which stock is very low,
I should try to buy back as more stock as I can, not sold out, not dilution
If I don't have any money to buy back, at least I don't dilution
If I really need dilution some stock to pay for development, I only pay for the development I have to do.
If I  dilution any stock to pay for any development as I like, I guess other share holders want to killing me, more and more people will leave.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 06:42:46 am by alt »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
How so?

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags

Offline alt

• View Profile
so I object any dilution at this price, even for the developer.
I prefer to pay for the development work from our network income.
even we can issue an IOU USD reserved by future network income, we can pay development by the future income.
if you belive your work worth for the payment, it should bring enough incomes, and these incomes will used to buy back the IOU USA.

so I'll be the bad guy, I'll object all dilution workers.
if you agree me, please set account "baozi" as your  vote proxy, thanks.