Author Topic: [ANN] Let's do it at once - Liquidity Event - 29th Feb  (Read 25218 times)

Offline noisy

What should I do with bitcoin currently in a bitcoin wallet in order to support this liquidity initiative?

I am preparing a brief instruction with some ideas/suggestions. Should be available very shortly.
Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv

Offline onceuponatime

@noisy  (and anyone else who can help)

Would you please list specific action steps that supporters of this initiative should take in order to participate? A step by specific step format would be great for various individuals wanting to add support and who currently hold assets/crypto in various places and markets.

Make it easy and straightforward for people to contribute to your initiative.

I have a small amount of bitcoin in a bitcoin wallet that I have been saving in order to support this initiative (otherwise I would have used it for other things before now).

What should I do with bitcoin currently in a bitcoin wallet in order to support this liquidity initiative? I am not much of a trader. I do not currently own USD or BTC in the DEX (although I do own UIAs such as OBITS and OPENPOS). So I need someone to give me a step by step going from a Bitcoin wallet to the market(s) targeted for this liquidity initiative.  Other people might want  to go from DOGE or NXT or other wallets to support the  initiative.  @noisy @dannotestein

Offline noisy

Has anyone figured out precisely what time zone will be used to dictate the start/end of this event?  I'd like to hold a hangout for it, but do not know when to consider it or if I will even be available :P

this was not specified, because IMO this could take all day long. I think it might be very difficult to choose one time.
Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv

Offline onceuponatime

@noisy  (and anyone else who can help)

Would you please list specific action steps that supporters of this initiative should take in order to participate? A step by specific step format would be great for various individuals wanting to add support and who currently hold assets/crypto in various places and markets.

Make it easy and straightforward for people to contribute to your initiative.

Offline fuzzy

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21701.msg282505.html#msg282505  here is the link to a thread for people to post their preferred times (please do so in EST)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

Has anyone figured out precisely what time zone will be used to dictate the start/end of this event?  I'd like to hold a hangout for it, but do not know when to consider it or if I will even be available :P

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • BitShares: btstip-io
Hey fuzzy, here are the results of your tips...
Curious about ShareBits? Visit us at http://sharebits.io and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd

Offline fuzzy

BlockTrade rates for buying BTS have been lowered on all coin pairs for the Liquidity Event.

#sharebits dannotestein 1 FISTBUMP
#sharebits dannotestein 5 ROSE
#sharebits dannotestein 1 SILVERTICKET

Thanks for being so active and helpful dan. 

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
BlockTrade rates for buying BTS have been lowered on all coin pairs for the Liquidity Event.

i will take advantage of that, thank you!  +5%

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
Gonna be trading like a high frequency bot on Monday.

that's how we should be trading every day!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Not sure i can finish up my python bot by then .. but i will try to do so. ..

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
Gonna be trading like a high frequency bot on Monday.
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
I tend to view lack of liquidity as a symptom of lack of reason to trade.  When countries have bubbles they have lack of liquidity because people are saving, it's more advantageous to hold assets than to trade for discretionary goods.

I think lack of liquidity in all cryptocurrencies stems from lack of utility, there's no compelling reason to trade because a trade doesn't give people what they want.  A joint effort to create liquidity will pump the trade volume numbers though I worry it won't solve the issue of why people aren't trading in the first place.

agreed! few compelling reasons to trade our assets at the moment, it's our job to change that. who are some potential marginal users of our platform? some random thoughts:

Demand Side:
-precious metals speculators
-non-U.S. people stuck in financially repressive countries who could use some USD exposure
-crypto speculators looking for an easy way to short BTS relative to BTC

Supply Side: [\u]
-market makers who can profit providing liquidity
-speculators looking for BTS leverage
-speculators short precious metals (can hedge away BTS exposure)

any other ideas? we should figure out the highest value marginal user type and market to them.