Author Topic: [ANN] Let's do it at once - Liquidity Event - 29th Feb  (Read 25225 times)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053

Was great to see some new faces and to have some action on the dex. Looking forward to the next...

Thank you @JonnyBitcoin for organizing this event and thank you to everyone that showed up. This is truly an amazing platform we have here.

yes, we have an amazing platform. i'd like to add that a big way to support the platform is to use some of your excess BTS to borrow some of the key smartcoins into existence and put them up for sale on the DEX. any kind of trading is obviously good for the DEX, but the fundamental nature of our liquidity comes from first borrowing smartcoins into existence. our markets tend to have more buy side demand than sell side supply, so contributing to the supply would be most beneficial.

Offline Riverhead

Was great to see some new faces and to have some action on the dex. Looking forward to the next...

Thank you @JonnyBitcoin for organizing this event and thank you to everyone that showed up. This is truly an amazing platform we have here.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
my final orders placed for the night, heading to bed. to our Chinese partners, it's your turn!

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
too bad that couldn't be maintained.

Why not? Actually I am going to keep most of my open orders :)

I think today went well.

theres still lots of depth on usd:btc

Yeah... this could give us additional information, how long Liquidity Event Effect could last. We will see. Maybe, even longer than we expecting right now? :)

ah, i just meant the tight spread being maintained specifically this afternoon when it widened. for sure we can keep up the volume and continue converging the spread...that's definitely my intention every day :)

Offline noisy

I am going to sleep right now, but here there is still very nice view:

:)
Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv

Offline Methodise

BTS: methodise

Offline noisy

Should be, but this is one another thing which we realize today. CMC seems to not have this pair at all. I tweeted their account (https://twitter.com/noisypl/status/704346770675990528)... but so far I cannot do anything more. Anyone here has another contact for them?

BTW.. interesting conversation was happend today on our slack:

riverhead [6:26] In the BTC Markets tab I don't see anything BitShares related UIA or otherwise.
krondix [6:26]  because BitShares does not have BTC, only BitBTC and OpenBTC
riverhead [6:26] OPEN.BTC is the same as POLONIEX.BTC and KRAKEN.BTC
riverhead [6:26] You deposit BTC and get OPEN.BTC with the expectation of being able to withdraw OPEN.BTC for BTC.
noisy [6:26] exactly
krondix [6:27] yes
riverhead [6:27]  However I do agree that BTC (bitBTC) is not BTC
krondix [6:27] what is BTC in BitShares then? OPEN. + METAEX. + TRADE. combined?
ihashfury [6:27] @Samupaha: in theory we could use "Quantitative easing" to devalue BTC with BTS
riverhead [6:28] Not exactly - but it can be gray sometimes. For example I use bitUSD via Coinomat to pay my credit card. It's not real USD but the difference is immaterial to me.
riverhead  [6:28] @krondix bitBTC is minted by putting away collateral. It is designed to track the value but is not an IUO for onchain BTC (edited)
riverhead  [6:29] The UIA.BTC is supposed to be a 1:1 IOU for onchain BTC
krondix [6:29] @Riverhead: I understand this, my question was different. If Polo.BTC is listed as BTC on cmc, and bitBTC is listed as bitBTC, what if any should be listed as BTC for BitShares?
jonnybitcoin [6:29] There should be different exchanges reported on CMClike openledger metaexchange and blocktrades and then a single combined figure for all exchanges running on bitshares
riverhead [6:30] Yup
riverhead [6:30] @krondix OPEN.BTC is the same as POLO.BTC since it's a 1:1 IOU. bitBTC is a derivative.
roadscape [6:31] Is it possible to issue an asset that's not tradeable on the DEX?
krondix [6:31] Polo.BTC is listed as BTC, Open.BTC as OpenBTC
riverhead [6:31] Ah, I see.
krondix [6:31] bitBTC as bitBTC
riverhead [6:31] Yes, they have it wrong
Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv

Offline noisy

too bad that couldn't be maintained.

Why not? Actually I am going to keep most of my open orders :)

I think today went well.

Yeah... this could give us additional information, how long Liquidity Event Effect could last. We will see. Maybe, even longer than we expecting right now? :)

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
I think today went well.

I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
right now spread is almost zero on USD:BTC

too bad that couldn't be maintained. lopsided demand relative to supply at these prices. i've borrowed some more USD into existence, but every time i place on the order book, it's taken quickly.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Let's do this every day for 7 major pairs. Liquid USD:BTC Monday, liquid CNY:BTC Tuesday ... etc.

Offline noisy

Offline Louis

I'm in for next Monday!!! I just need some instructions.

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
it looks pretty awesome! :) I want to have situation like this... everyday! :) But you know what? Now we all know, that this is possible :)

If anything, a monthly event could be done until people get used to it and it remains constant

Looking good!  Yeah, liquid Mondays?  Or we could all just agree to just trade on days that end in ''y"   :P

"Liquid Mondays" I like it, sounds like a band
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares