Author Topic: Plans to Monetize through GooglePlay/App Store?  (Read 3590 times)

TravelsAsia

Is this possible Cob?

I don't know. I does look like the call is up to the google play store.

I think the important piece would be to frame it as tokens used for in-app purchases, no different than Clash of Clans. The fact you can sell Artistcoins to Muse_USD should have nothing to do with the app itself.

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
Is this possible Cob?

I don't know. I does look like the call is up to the google play store.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

TravelsAsia

Offline betax

• View Profile
I think the only way around it will be to purchase pro features of an app, which includes free Artist Coin / Muse.

For example Badges :)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 11:11:10 am by betax »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
I'm not sure Google allows this. If people can cash out MUSE_USD, google may not allow.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

TravelsAsia

The bad part is the significant cut Google takes.  This would make tokens purchased this way to have a rather large premium or some other approach to work around Google's cut.

Maybe we could create a worker proposal to help subsidize the Google fees from the 500,000,000 reserve? Maybe the artist would also be willing to help subsidize since it's essentially money in their pocket. Maybe an Artist has an option to say if they are accepting Google Play / App Store purchases through some type of options button.  Basically, are you willing to accept 70% with the ease of use from Google and Apple. Just brainstorming.

@CryptoPrometheus @Riverhead

Would love to hear your input too.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 04:56:54 pm by TravelsAsia »

Offline gamey

• View Profile

This is an interesting idea.  Some apps make large fortunes. A lot of that is due to the ease of use with purchasing.

Unfortunately I don't think these tokens are tradeable. So MUSE would have to be in some business where one could trade in their PLAYSTORE.UIA for MUSE.

People are already used to this idea. The people who actually pay for things and in your demographic will know how *these* tokens work. No more having to go off into crypto land. It might not even be required that you buy tokens from google.  Perhaps just "$5" or whatever.  So I have my android and want to buy $5 worth of artist tokens... well that infrastructure is already setup.

It is then up to the developers to make an exchange that is simple.

MUSE buying the google coins would be ok, since they should have revenue coming in from google to cover it.

The bad part is the significant cut Google takes.  This would make tokens purchased this way to have a rather large premium or some other approach to work around Google's cut.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 04:29:51 pm by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
sounds like a good idea, but the money you can use in google play is GOOGLE_USD_IOU, how you you got to MUSE_USD the most efficient? To do that we need a market, liquidity and gateways/exchanges that can operate this legally with/without Google. Those are the hard problems to solve. Once that is done, everything else is just a bunch of signed API calles.

We should get there, but we first need on/off ramps.

Nanocard could help here bigtime @ccedk

TravelsAsia

Correction: Making an update to the percentages.

Hey @cob

I can think of different implementations, however, this one makes the most sense to me (Mobile App Required).

Sally wants to purchase artist coins for a specific artist
She uses Google Play/App Store to purchase it
Peertracks charges a small premium which goes toward development
The rest of the money is used to buy MUSE_USD (which requires the purchase on MUSE )
The now newly created MUSE_USD buys up artist tokens and destroys

The Wins

Customer has an easy way to purchase artist coins
Since they are not buying USD directly, it's no different than the coins I buy in Clash of Clans
Purchasing MUSE off the market helps increase the price
Using MUSE_USD to buy artist tokens lowers the current supply
Peertracks gets a percentage of the fee

@clayop @xeroc @Marky0001 @bitacer

Would like to hear your thoughts.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 04:35:28 pm by TravelsAsia »

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
Haven't considered something like that yet.

How would you see this be used precisely?
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

TravelsAsia

@cob

Although this isn't directly Music related item, I was curious if Peertracks plans to try to monetize the purchase of Artist Tokens through GooglePlay/App Store? I know I've spent more than I probably should on Clash of Clans. :) Purchases are so easy for the end user. The model below sounded like it might have some value for the Peertracks world.

"When purchasing game items such as card packs in Spells of Genesis, players will have the option to use their local currency on the Google
Play/AppStore or BitCrystals in the secondary market. Here’s how it works:

A - When a player purchases a card pack via Google Play/AppStore
Each time a player purchases a card pack via Google Play/AppStore using their local currency, EverdreamSoft will buy back 50% of its value
in BitCrystals from backers (anyone who owns BitCrystals) and burn them in order to issue a new card pack."

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=957797.0