Author Topic: [Poll] Which Trading Pair Do You Prefer?  (Read 1868 times)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Using other currencies that BTS has a base is good for outsiders. We at the community might be more interested in BTS but people from the outside who are just OpenLedger clients want to trade the main, usual pairs, which makes the base currency in this case OPEN.BTC.

For new users it's way better to have OPEN.BTC with other currencies other than BTS for the simple fact that not everyone is interested in BTS, we want everyone to use the exchange, not just BTS holders.

If we don't make it attractive to the outside we won't grow. It won't be the community alone making the exchange grow, ever. New users looking to trade the main currencies in a safe way, will.

Thanks for the great input. I will keep making OPEN.BTC-BTS market and based on the poll result, will make BTS-OPEN.AAA market. Then new comers are able to convert BTC to BTS and can trade in DEX.

They can but that's another entry barrier to get in the dex from a new comer's pov. They just want to trade, they don't want to buy bitcoin, convert it to bts and then trade.

That's how I see it. Still, it's good to see a few bots working.
IMHO traders want to see Coin:BTC or Coin:USD. Anything different from that muddies the water and makes us look too different and confusing.

Exactly. Also too BTS centric. BTS is for shareholders. If we want new users trading we need to make it as simple as possible. Having to jump to bts is an unnecessary extra step that will put people off. After all, people want to trade, they don't want to have to jump to bts.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Riverhead

Using other currencies that BTS has a base is good for outsiders. We at the community might be more interested in BTS but people from the outside who are just OpenLedger clients want to trade the main, usual pairs, which makes the base currency in this case OPEN.BTC.

For new users it's way better to have OPEN.BTC with other currencies other than BTS for the simple fact that not everyone is interested in BTS, we want everyone to use the exchange, not just BTS holders.

If we don't make it attractive to the outside we won't grow. It won't be the community alone making the exchange grow, ever. New users looking to trade the main currencies in a safe way, will.

Thanks for the great input. I will keep making OPEN.BTC-BTS market and based on the poll result, will make BTS-OPEN.AAA market. Then new comers are able to convert BTC to BTS and can trade in DEX.

They can but that's another entry barrier to get in the dex from a new comer's pov. They just want to trade, they don't want to buy bitcoin, convert it to bts and then trade.

IMHO traders want to see Coin:BTC or Coin:USD. Anything different from that muddies the water and makes us look too different and confusing.

Offline Akado

• View Profile

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop

Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline Akado

• View Profile

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
I'm considering to move my bot's base currency from OPEN.BTC to BTS. If you prefer BTS as a base currency, please vote for option 1. If you prefer OPEN.BTC as a base currency, vote for option 2.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop