Author Topic: 30k USD challenge for verifiable mobile coupon system  (Read 2107 times)

Offline brainbug

• View Profile
This is a top topic in industry with big impact!  +5%  +5%  +5%

Offline DestBest

I wasn't sure if you would be interested, so easy... there is no challenge...  8)
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I just bumped into a challenge on innocentive for something that could be done on bitshares. They require only a written theoretical proposal. Here's the brief:

Challenge Overview

Coupons have been used as a marketing tool for more than a century. With the advent of mobile devices, manufacturers can now offer consumers a different way to access coupons besides clipping or printing them. In theory, mobile coupons are easy to access and manage, however in practice, they are not always simple to redeem, both for the consumer and the retailer. Mobile coupons can be delivered in a variety of ways (e.g. email, SMS, application). Following receipt of the coupon, the consumer must then redeem it at a retail location. This can involve a visual inspection, scanning a barcode, or linking to a Point-of-Sale device. For direct brand to consumer mobile coupons, there is currently no way to validate or expire a mobile coupon at the point of purchase, so retailers are hesitant to accept them due to concerns about reimbursement. Therefore, the Seeker (a large manufacturer of consumer packaged goods) is looking for solutions that will decrease fraud, while being easily implemented by the retailer.

Submissions to this Challenge must be received by 11:59 PM (US Eastern Time) on March 11, 2016. Late submissions will not be considered.

This is a Theoretical Challenge that requires only a written proposal to be submitted. The Challenge award will be contingent upon theoretical evaluation of the proposal by the Seeker.

To receive an award, Solvers will not be required to transfer their exclusive IP rights to the Seeker. Instead, Solvers will grant to the Seeker a non-exclusive license to practice their solutions as further described in the Terms of Use.

The challenge is here:
https://www.innocentive.com/ar/challenge/9933651

pfff this isn't even a challenge, our mobile wallets, POS integrations AND standalone POS app already do this. Automatically I might add, in 22 languages, and via simple QR codes. Going a step further, I am also adding in Overdraft Protection and bridges (Blocktrades is the first) in case the customer doesn't have enough rewards card (coupon) credit from the merchant yet to pay for an entire purchase. I'll take a look at this later next week, thanx for the heads up @DestBest
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
It'd be pretty cool if BitShares won this competition! I've not read the small print yet, but perhaps we could enter the competition.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
I just bumped into a challenge on innocentive for something that could be done on bitshares. They require only a written theoretical proposal. Here's the brief:

Challenge Overview

Coupons have been used as a marketing tool for more than a century. With the advent of mobile devices, manufacturers can now offer consumers a different way to access coupons besides clipping or printing them. In theory, mobile coupons are easy to access and manage, however in practice, they are not always simple to redeem, both for the consumer and the retailer. Mobile coupons can be delivered in a variety of ways (e.g. email, SMS, application). Following receipt of the coupon, the consumer must then redeem it at a retail location. This can involve a visual inspection, scanning a barcode, or linking to a Point-of-Sale device. For direct brand to consumer mobile coupons, there is currently no way to validate or expire a mobile coupon at the point of purchase, so retailers are hesitant to accept them due to concerns about reimbursement. Therefore, the Seeker (a large manufacturer of consumer packaged goods) is looking for solutions that will decrease fraud, while being easily implemented by the retailer.

Submissions to this Challenge must be received by 11:59 PM (US Eastern Time) on March 11, 2016. Late submissions will not be considered.

This is a Theoretical Challenge that requires only a written proposal to be submitted. The Challenge award will be contingent upon theoretical evaluation of the proposal by the Seeker.

To receive an award, Solvers will not be required to transfer their exclusive IP rights to the Seeker. Instead, Solvers will grant to the Seeker a non-exclusive license to practice their solutions as further described in the Terms of Use.

The challenge is here:
It's seriously.

Coupons can be tokens on the blockchain, they are consumable, just like transferring coins.

It seems that we already have COUPON asset in BitShares: https://cryptofresh.com/a/COUPON.

I don't know why "currently no way to validate or expire a mobile coupon at the point of purchase"..
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline DestBest

I think @kenCode is doing something very close with the POS/Mobile Wallet. He might be interested  +5%
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline MarkoPaasila

Challenge Overview

The challenge is here: