Author Topic: Officers - Work In The Open  (Read 1958 times)

Offline seraphim

The support department has successfully moved into a shiny office on a public etherpad.
We don't share the link on the forum to keep out trolls and vandals, but everyone interested can get it privately.

When we tried this for the cXo team there wasn't happening a lot, so we switched to slack. It offers similar features, but with shinier looks and the possibility to make different posts for different topics. The downside is that you need to have an account and be invited to have a look at what's happening.

For me, the most important reason to use a tool like this is the chat with backlog, where quick ideas can be mentioned, discussed and discarded in no time. Plus, being in a chat room together is a great thing for team-building.

Of course it's important to keep the community up-to-date with what's going on. My approach is updating the candidate-thread every few days. I prefer this over opening multiple threads, because everyone who is interested in what we're doing knows there's one place to look, and new voters get an immediate overview about what happened in the past and what's going on at the moment.
Meet you on STEEM

Offline MaxPWR

• Sink 2UR Source
    • View Profile
    • Max's Power Plant
Well, I think a big part of the headache is that you are part of a DAC and are autonomous...you should be prioritizing work in your cXo roles for the community, but you will also need to act in all other roles for yourself.

CEO / CSO / CMO / CNO / CTO...these are all different "skill sets" that all users of crypto employ, but we're not all experts in all, or maybe any...and each probly has requirements on the others...

You're basically looking at distributed project management, which requires information exchange and change management back and forth on a sort of recursive distributed organization....my head hurts.
You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere.

PWR UP: MAXVTEoYhDfWJjvkNm2ZmUhHpYbsPYuybg

Offline itsik78

• View Profile
I completely agree,
As you saw in the poll I've started - I value the community's thoughts and would like to consult with them on my actions.
We should keep discussions transparent and consult with the "wisdom of the crowds".

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
We officers have been looking at different platforms to communicate with each other privately. I don't think we've found a good platform for this and I'm wondering how much we really need one. I'd prefer if officers did as much of their work in the open as possible. We can discuss ideas for projects and get feedback from the community. It should cut down on work duplication and also helps the community to see who is providing value when they make their voting decisions.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher