Author Topic: [ATTENTION] STEALTH will come on 18th Feb?  (Read 9932 times)

Offline noisy

We should have public board with all our partners listed on it.

Also each partner should have status:

Legend:

- [Email Sent] - email (signed with PGP key) with information about upgrade to oficial email
- [Confirmation Of Receipt] - partner confirmed that he recived an email. (At least we know that we have up-to date email address). We are not assuming that partner is ready.
- [Concerns Raised - <link>] - in case when partner raised any concerns about procedure of upgrade. Partner then should create a thread on forum, there should be link to this thread next to status
- [Ready for upgrade] - partner confirmed, that he is ready for upgrade
- [Update In Progress - ETA: 12:00 CET, 29th Feb] - partner is in the middle of upgrade. ETA is known.
- [Upgrade Finished] - partner and users confirmed, that upgrade is finished.

We should also have list of our VIP partners. Hardfork should not be made it all VIP parter at least not confirm that they are aware about it.
If one of our VIP partner is not ready, we should put extra effor to help him.

Motivation for that:

As a user/shareholder of bitshares, I would like to know, which exchage is safe to trade bitshares. This information have to be public and in one place!
Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv

Offline karnal

• View Profile
maybe I'm missing something... why is it important to inform exchanges about stealth?  Is it just important to inform them of any hardfork?  If they are not informed, will this prevent them from making BTS transfers?

It would be nice if they can provide a per-user option of sending funds in stealth mode only.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I'm INCREDIBLY eager to have STEALTH features along with the hosted web wallet (with 2FA?).   But I agree with those on this thread expressing the great importance of giving our exchange partners some advance warning of this hard fork.

You can add 2FA not to your wallet but to your account with this: http://beta.peermit.com/

There is no 2FA for the wallet currently.

I see.  Interesting.  @xeroc mentioned that a 2FA solution would be ready along with the upcoming release of the new hosted web wallet.  I assume this is what he was referring to?

That is xerocs 2FA solution. I don't know if it is ready for integration into the wallet yet though. Yes though, this is what he would have been referring to. There are no others currently under development.

working on it .. not sure I can make it until then .. the React-JS stuff is a little different to code then python and takes some more time.
It will also stay in beta first so that I have a chance to spot and fix bugs in the backend stuff .. Also need an SSL cert and stuff like that first so that this actually WORKS in combination with the wallet ..
Gonna keep you posted ..

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I'm INCREDIBLY eager to have STEALTH features along with the hosted web wallet (with 2FA?).   But I agree with those on this thread expressing the great importance of giving our exchange partners some advance warning of this hard fork.

You can add 2FA not to your wallet but to your account with this: http://beta.peermit.com/

I see.  Interesting.  @xeroc mentioned that a 2FA solution would be ready along with the upcoming release of the new hosted web wallet.  I assume this is what he was referring to?

That is xerocs 2FA solution. I don't know if it is ready for integration into the wallet yet though. Yes though, this is what he would have been referring to. There are no others currently under development.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags

TravelsAsia

I think if they are notified via skype, an email to the CTO's and even a phone call, then this close relationship will instill trust again.

+5%  I'd also add a post to their official forum as Clayop mentioned earlier in the thread. 

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I think if they are notified via skype, an email to the CTO's and even a phone call, then this close relationship will instill trust again.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
We will give exchanges 1 week notice from the time we publish the final code.
Posting code is not an announcement. We must not assume that all business partners are  subscribing/monitoring our code-base.

I would suggest,

1. Make an announcement section in the forum or official site
2. Or use a newsletter to announce incoming hard forks (you may have the list for 2.0 launch)
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline bytemaster

We will give exchanges 1 week notice from the time we publish the final code.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
maybe I'm missing something... why is it important to inform exchanges about stealth?  Is it just important to inform them of any hardfork?  If they are not informed, will this prevent them from making BTS transfers?
Absolutely it prevents. Deposit and withdraw will be suspended if they cannot follow hardfork.
delegate-clayop

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
Ben is preparing the release for stealth, we can set the hard fork date to any day we like, but the code should be frozen today with all changes merged to the Bitshares branch.
So will your team contact exchanges? Or leave them behind?
There is a skype group with many exchanges that has been created for this particular case (and for emergency fixes of course)
bytemaster is in that group as well
We will have many other service providers on BTS. Skype is not enough if we have numerous partners.  So it would be better to have an announcement page in the official site IMO.
delegate-clayop

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2