Author Topic: OPENBAZAAR  (Read 7148 times)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
I'm a big fan of what OpenBazaar is doing. It'd be great to integrate bitUSD as a payment option; it could have a nice adoption if presented to customers as a listing and payment option simply due to familiarity with USD pricing. Maybe.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I'd love to see that.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Man, this thing needs to be urgently implemented on top of bitshares blockchain. Such a perfect use case! Substitute a laptop in the example from their blog for USD, and you get p2p on/off ramps.

https://blog.openbazaar.org/what-is-openbazaar/

+5%  I added this to the Beyond Bitcoin thread for tomorrow.
Nice!  Perfect time to open a bazaar on openledger!  ;D

TravelsAsia

Man, this thing needs to be urgently implemented on top of bitshares blockchain. Such a perfect use case! Substitute a laptop in the example from their blog for USD, and you get p2p on/off ramps.

+5%  I added this to the Beyond Bitcoin thread for tomorrow.

Offline yvv

• View Profile

Offline valtr

• View Profile
I was talking with them and tgey have their own todo list to tackle first .. BUT, they made very clear that if we can code the stuff ourselves they will discuss merging a pull request and even if they didnt want to merge, we could still user there network and do our own stuff ..

their frontend is written in JS and many part couls be integrated into ours easily. I even gave them some advises how to efficiently separate the backend from the frontend and they will look into it.

Certainly not a low hanging fruit but definitely something worth working on ..
It is encouraging to see that you have contact with them and it seems to be possible though not easy. Maybe a worker proposal would be viable.

TravelsAsia

I was talking with them and tgey have their own todo list to tackle first .. BUT, they made very clear that if we can code the stuff ourselves they will discuss merging a pull request and even if they didnt want to merge, we could still user there network and do our own stuff ..

their frontend is written in JS and many part couls be integrated into ours easily. I even gave them some advises how to efficiently separate the backend from the frontend and they will look into it.

As for next steps, is there somewhere you recommend creating a post REQUESTING someone @abit @bytemaster  to create a worker proposal? If that's not that best next step, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 06:08:42 pm by TravelsAsia »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

TravelsAsia

Few days ago I wrote about that on OpenBazaar reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/OpenBazaar/comments/4667y4/lets_add_support_for_bitshares_bitusd_bitcny/

"[–]cryptogifts 1 point 22 hours ago

lol@bitshares. Although it is now quite stable at 1,000 satoshi after being dumped from 10,000 far from a stable coin.

Bitcoin will do for everyone and prices will auto adjust when bitcoin fluctuates, which is not that much in a day anyhow.
"

As I've said (and others) time and time again, nobody outside this direct community has a clue about what BitShares has to offer.  This person is confusing BTS with the stable assets.

Offline noisy

Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv

TravelsAsia

OpenBazaar is finishing. Is there any possibility to add BitShares Smartcoin payment?
I am not a coder and I do not understand technical problems.
This Bitcoin ebay will for sure bring many users , probably not cryptofans a generate substantial turnover.

These are types of opportunities we need to tackle.

Offline valtr

• View Profile
OpenBazaar is finishing. Is there any possibility to add BitShares Smartcoin payment?
I am not a coder and I do not understand technical problems.
This Bitcoin ebay will for sure bring many users , probably not cryptofans a generate substantial turnover.