Author Topic: hello!...New Australian Political Party Seeks to Popularize Blockchain Voting...  (Read 5904 times)

Offline yvv

• View Profile
It would be interesting to organize unofficial elections, say for US president, and see how they are different from official results.

Funny you'd mention that... https://followmyvote.com/parallel-presidential-election-2016/ :D

Ultimately, Follow My Vote has chosen BitShares as their debut platform. Follow My Vote has a long relationship with BitShares, and the BitShares community has paid Follow My Vote to develop a stake-weighted voting system on their blockchain. We also believe that BitShares is a technically sound choice: BitShares is more mature than Ethereum, having already developed and launched version 2.0 of their platform which addresses many shortcomings found in the initial version. BitShares was designed a strong emphasis on third-party application support with real-world usability in mind, featuring deterministic block production on a rapid interval, reliable and reputable block producers, high performance, and predictable fees. BitShares also has a proven track record when it comes to chain upgrades, which provides confidence that it will survive in the highly competitive blockchain industry and adapt to market demand.

Yes!!

Offline modprobe

It would be interesting to organize unofficial elections, say for US president, and see how they are different from official results.

Funny you'd mention that... https://followmyvote.com/parallel-presidential-election-2016/ :D

@modprobe I just talked to Max Kaye (VoteFlux) and they only use the blockchain to record the votes, most of the part happens off-chain. They have chosen the bitcoin blockchain because it's the most secure chain regarding network consensus and costs to attack the network.

Depending on what one means by "most", I suppose most of ours happens off-chain too?... but we do put more on chain than simply the votes, as that's not secure or auditable. It doesn't help to protect the votes from tampering if I can just stuff them with shills. :)

I would also argue that Bitcoin isn't particularly difficult to attack at this point (especially for government-backed actors) as a 51% attack requires compromising... two Chinese servers? Proof of Work has made you weak, Bitcoin... Now, I don't claim BitShares would withstand a government-backed attack either, but it should at least be harder to attack due to higher decentralization.

Offline yvv

• View Profile

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
@modprobe I just talked to Max Kaye (VoteFlux) and they only use the blockchain to record the votes, most of the part happens off-chain. They have chosen the bitcoin blockchain because it's the most secure chain regarding network consensus and costs to attack the network.

Offline modprobe

@5chdn: I'm right there with you. I prefer to cooperate over compete whenever I can. I don't think we've got any contacts with the Flux Party yet, but we just met one of the guys behind Estonia's online voting system, and that conversation went really well. We're hoping to show them that blockchain tech can solve a lot of the problems they had.

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
I would always love to highlight coorperation over competition in this area. As I'm working on a blockchain voting whitepaper right now, I would rather get anyone working on that topic involved than pushing multiple single point solutions as competitors.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
If we don't do it ... another  will...

"A new Australian political party has proposed the introduction of a token-based political system based on the concept of decentralised blockchain technology.
Called the Flux Party, the new entity has already attracted more than the 500 members it needs to potentially place senate candidates on ballots in all the country's states."

see more..
http://www.coindesk.com/australian-political-party-blockchain-voting/