Author Topic: Tether integration?  (Read 3225 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Now that I know you are interested in this, I will try to push harder for its completion.

+5%

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
synereo is expected to be added first part of April, and soon to follow will come other major currencies from the OMNI group like Tether, maidsafe, and maybe also the Agoras Tokens within May with some various media backing the introduction.

In April will be added Synereo, LISK and DGD(digix), all three based on their recent or upcoming major media attention combime with strategic interest building OpenLedger as the place to be.

OpenLedger.hk almost there as supporting server for the far east region for quick access and mot probably few days left.

send me e-mail on how to do and I am willing to work something out ronny@ccedk.com

Hi Ronny (@ccedk), will you be incentivizing market makers to provide liquidity in order to help bootstrap these markets on the DEX?  If so, are you aware that we've been working on a mechanism that would help UIA issuers (or the committee for BitAssets) properly reward market makers for the liquidity they provide? 

The idea is that you would create a reward for a given market and for a given time period.  Shares of that reward could then be earned by market makers depending on how often they have orders on the book, the size of those orders, and the proximity of the orders to the price feed or best bid/ask.   At the very least, during bootstrapping of a particular market, you could use the fees you collect in that market to redistribute back to market makers that qualify for liquidity rewards based on above mentioned criteria. 

I think it would be great if you used this to help bootstrap the Synereo, LISK and DGD(digix) markets once you add them.  What do you think?

Ronny, this is something that is not yet completed.  My hope is that it can be completed in the very near future so we can vote a worker proposal to fund liquidity rewards for bootstrapping key BitAssets markets, and also so UIA issuers such as yourself can incentivize market makers for some of their own assets. 

Now that I know you are interested in this, I will try to push harder for its completion.

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
synereo is expected to be added first part of April, and soon to follow will come other major currencies from the OMNI group like Tether, maidsafe, and maybe also the Agoras Tokens within May with some various media backing the introduction.

In April will be added Synereo, LISK and DGD(digix), all three based on their recent or upcoming major media attention combime with strategic interest building OpenLedger as the place to be.

OpenLedger.hk almost there as supporting server for the far east region for quick access and mot probably few days left.

send me e-mail on how to do and I am willing to work something out ronny@ccedk.com

Hi Ronny (@ccedk), will you be incentivizing market makers to provide liquidity in order to help bootstrap these markets on the DEX?  If so, are you aware that we've been working on a mechanism that would help UIA issuers (or the committee for BitAssets) properly reward market makers for the liquidity they provide? 

The idea is that you would create a reward for a given market and for a given time period.  Shares of that reward could then be earned by market makers depending on how often they have orders on the book, the size of those orders, and the proximity of the orders to the price feed or best bid/ask.   At the very least, during bootstrapping of a particular market, you could use the fees you collect in that market to redistribute back to market makers that qualify for liquidity rewards based on above mentioned criteria. 

I think it would be great if you used this to help bootstrap the Synereo, LISK and DGD(digix) markets once you add them.  What do you think?
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
I now found something not so awesome in tether/omni protocol, when I tested today, in omnichest it is displayed that the balance of 36uReNqhMapzN3iZCMiLESCWt6qjijBTHv is 12.3 USDT, however in the web client it is displayed 2.3 USDT as balance.

the relevant transaction is http://www.omnichest.info/lookuptx.aspx?txid=8a707e8db2d78bd83afb86ca3f8177ed1377daa7b6a0513525f68669d1e8d9cc, which does not appear in the tether web client.

I worry whether tether/omni protocol is strong enough as a solution.
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I have reached out to them but haven't recevied a reply yet ..

Offline woodygar

Tether will be awesome i wish other high volume exchanges would accept it or BtUSD at near a $ value. 

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts

OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
any update on this @xeroc ?
I wonder if both sides are interested, then how can we integrate Bitshares and Tether?
I am also considering to provide a service to bridge tether.USD and TUSD, seems it's possible and will be welcomed.
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Sure I would like that! Building relationships with other projects is nice. Even more in this case since he provides a similar service and is interested in BitShares. Maybe we could come up with something that can benefit both.

He could even have a hangout! Our hangouts could be growing. Roger Ver could come, imagine Eric Martindale from Blockstream and now Tether's CTO! Three awesome hangouts, we could definitely draw some attention here for the show.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I had I nice talk with the CTO of tether and he was very aware of the drawbacks of his centralized approach and surprisingly was already familar with smartcoins. He has no explanation as to why it is so rarely used/trades.

Anyway, he was very interested in BitShares and sees some benefits in using BitShares for tether.

Do you want me to follow up with him?