Author Topic: BTS need the real useful operation rather than useless adjust  (Read 3889 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
You are mixing up a few things here:
- free transactions could be anything and it makes most sense for transfers
- committee members know very well about low trading fees being requured by bots
- subsidizing liquiity has nothing to do with 0-fee or the fee schedule
- no worker is needed to run 0-fee once it is implemented

1. Free txs could be anything AND it makes most sense? Did you mean BUT?
2. The new fee schedule is not accepted yet. So I assume "IF we charge greater fees"
3. I didn't mention liquidity subsidy. I'm not mixing liquidity subsidy and zero-fee
4. But the worker proposal is needed to implement zero fees. If we release 10 mil BTS to the market, the value of BTS will decrease 0.4% mathematically.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Again, WTF?

Last time I checked, "free" aka "0" was cheaper than 0.1

expectations were just exceeded and now a whole new market niche is open to our real time scalable and now F'n FREE smartchain.

Who can bitch about this ? Put it to a vote, and free beats 0.1 every time.

You could charge 0.0000001 per transaction and nobody will click on your link. But as soon as you advertise "free lunch" the world will beat a path to your door.

God I hope he dumps his shares. Please dump!

Ever hear of a "freeloader"?

Well, the world is full of them

and I can tell you one thing for certain about this humongous demographic, they are not at all interested in .00000001 BTS fees

We have 2 choices of home page headers:

BitShares Smartchain  - Real Time Scalable and Cheap

or

BitShares Smartchain - Real Time Scalable and Free

cheap is relative but free is ABSOLUTE !

Actually, it's conditional. We now cannot assert how much we will actually pay as fees based on each person's transaction pattern. For instance, my bot created about 100k buy and cancel orders so far, but he has only few BTS in his account. If we charge greater fees to compensate conditional free fee, my bot is likely to pay more fees than now.

And the cost is indirectly paid through worker proposal. If the proposal requires 10 mil BTS, every shareholders are going to spend 0.4% of their money for free fee system.

You are mixing up a few things here:
- free transactions could be anything and it makes most sense for transfers
- committee members know very well about low trading fees being requured by bots
- subsidizing liquiity has nothing to do with 0-fee or the fee schedule
- no worker is needed to run 0-fee once it is implemented

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
can't we make the fee schedule an option that you choose when creating a new account that can only be changed by paying 1000BTS or something?  We have permanent UIA options that cannot be changed? What's to stop us from going the same route here?
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
Again, WTF?

expectations were just exceeded and now a whole new market niche is open to our real time scalable and now F'n FREE smartchain.

You could charge 0.0000001 per transaction and nobody will click on your link. But as soon as you advertise "free lunch" the world will beat a path to your door.

and I can tell you one thing for certain about this humongous demographic, they are not at all interested in .00000001 BTS fees

or

Actually, it's conditional. We now cannot assert how much we will actually pay as fees based on each person's transaction pattern. For instance, my bot created about 100k buy and cancel orders so far, but he has only few BTS in his account. If we charge greater fees to compensate conditional free fee, my bot is likely to pay more fees than now.

And the cost is indirectly paid through worker proposal. If the proposal requires 10 mil BTS, every shareholders are going to spend 0.4% of their money for free fee system.
delegate-clayop

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Again, WTF?

or

« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 05:21:22 am by Erlich Bachman »

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
Wasn't it the Chinese community who demanded cheaper transactions, and now you bitch?

WTF?

you've misread his post ,
he want cheap fee . but he doesn't want a "cheap fee system that need expensive development" , he want it change to 0.1 bts directly instead of creating a whole new scheme to do it .

I agree with this. We should carefully compare between just decreasing the fee to very low level and developing conditional zero-fee system. The question should be which one is more efficient in terms of cost-benefit ratio?
delegate-clayop

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Wasn't it the Chinese community who demanded cheaper transactions, and now you bitch?

WTF?

you've misread his post ,
he want cheap fee . but he doesn't want a "cheap fee system that need expensive development" , he want it change to 0.1 bts directly instead of creating a whole new scheme to do it .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile

WTF?

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I disagree ..
Microtransactions are a HUGE selling point .. in particular in combination with smartcoins.

EVERYONE will want that while margind trading and bond markets are only of interest for traders and speculators

i'll give you a simple example of gold market .
the size of the actual need of gold (industrial , jewelry)  is way less than the size of investment/speculation of gold .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
I disagree ..
Microtransactions are a HUGE selling point .. in particular in combination with smartcoins.

EVERYONE will want that while margind trading and bond markets are only of interest for traders and speculators

let's not hate on the traders and speculators...they are our best customers :)

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
I disagree ..

yes  Microtransactions are a HUGE selling point
but we can just reduce the transfer fee to  0.1 BTS , it is easy , then  focus on other new operations ,

github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline noisy

I disagree ..

Agree! Microtransactions are something what actually can be used by businesses. Maybe we should contact with some game developers? I don't know why but somehow I associated microtransactions with Holy Grail of game industry.
Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I disagree ..

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
BTS need the real useful operation rather than useless adjustment 
need real useful operation  like
margin trade
dice
but not develop a operation to make people can transfer bts freely
it is simply just reduce the fee if all we think high is banner of attracting new user, it is easy and simple .
I really don`t understand!
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091