Author Topic: Small is beautiful - dShares distribution - Community lead crowd funding  (Read 8430 times)

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
Distribution of the new shares:
70% to the active BTS shareholders. Active defined as having their shares in their own account (outside of exchanges).
My some shares are in buy order.What I have to cancel the buy order  first?
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Just for the record, DSHARES was the original name for my early ideas on stable crypto...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=213588.0

;D

Hey check it out.. the new dshares is only a 3 year step back in time. :)

WOO HOOO!!

Maybe we should call it FluxCapacitor.

Maybe it will only need 1.21 gigawatts to catch up to Bitshares.

Are you trying to forget that your 'advanced' BTS is on fall back plan "C" ; regarding its bitAssets inner workings?

---------
Mutations are very slow (but robust) mechanism of progress. 99.999999% of all mutations are just bad and die. When talk about non-biological things i.e. have clearer definitions of what is better... well the original 'best' outcome wins over all mutations.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 03:50:31 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Just for the record, DSHARES was the original name for my early ideas on stable crypto...

;D

Hey check it out.. the new dshares is only a 3 year step back in time. :)

WOO HOOO!!

Maybe we should call it FluxCapacitor.

Maybe it will only need 1.21 gigawatts to catch up to Bitshares.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Thanks TK

70% sharedrop is mad generous, you got my support

Just snatched up more BTS for this occasion. . Any tentative idea on sharedrop date?

yes, "small is beautiful"

but she usually charges me extra to say that

:D

good luck!
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline yvv

• View Profile

TravelsAsia

Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

This is just Tony's way of telling the world how much he loves what you have done

Was that any kind of secret before?

What I actually hate, is abandoning something great in search of a new (in my opinion pipe-) dreams.

The support is there for you.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

This is just Tony's way of telling the world how much he loves what you have done

Was that any kind of secret before?

What I actually hate, is abandoning something great in search of a new (in my opinion pipe-) dreams.

Offline bytemaster

;D
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

TravelsAsia

I really like this idea. BTS is such a tangled knot at this point that I wouldn't mind starting with something simpler, continuing to believe in and work on both, and see which one is the better experiment.

+5 We won't know until we try.

Offline -banano-

• View Profile
Distribution of the new shares:
70% to the active BTS shareholders. Active defined as having their shares in their own account (outside of exchanges).
30% crowd fund/kick starter contributors.

Small is beautiful

Thank you Mr K!

I just bought some BitShares because they looked super cheap, and put them in my own wallet, so now I can have BitShares and dShares too. I had sold them to buy some IOTA a couple months ago  ;D

Please do not compete with micropayments until IOTA is liquid so I can get back into BTS, because right now, I have several BTC non liquid locked in IOTA ICO.

I thought BTS chose not to compete in micropayments

Why now do you choose to take market share from Internet of Things?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1299209.msg13394486#msg13394486

BM said that he would work with IOTA, not compete against them!

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19534.msg251719.states that he will instate competitive pricing?!

Just a couple questions.  What date is the snapshot going to take place? How much will the transaction fee of dShares be?

thank you,

dShares to the moon!

« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 01:17:23 pm by -banano- »

Offline svk

Random suggestions:

- Allow BTC and ETH investment or at least BTC deposits that automatically convert to creating BitUSD through BTS.
- 60% sharedrop to BTS holders, let's bring in new blood
- Focus on making the internal exchange more user friendly
- Feature limitation - Let BTS be the experimental features chain, with the internal exchange  and a friendly wallet, you have enough tech that blows away most projects
- Adding MT4 integration

It would be interesting what type of reaction a project with BitShares features that focuses on a smaller subset of key features and without any type of existing reputation.

On the above suggestions, perhaps @abit @svk  and  @monsterer  can comment on MT4 integration work?

I like to add to the suggestions:

1) Extend to 60-day crowdfunding. Give investors more time to digest and raise fund.
2) Extend crowd funding to other crypto communities
3) Instead of giving the 10mils cap to exchanges, give the extra dshares to dshares LTM.  The bonus is to let LTM members know that they are in the priviledged exclusive club.
4) Have a good simple summary of the benefits the new dshares will bring
5) Please elaborate how the dividend/interest is derived and substained in the long run. Dividend to be limited to crowd-funders and LTMs? Better still, give free LTM to crowdfunders.
6) 3-year maturity sounds good. Like abit mentioned, these share-dropped dshares should be made illiquid (eg can't use for collateral) until maturity.
7) A sufficient notification period for withdrawing bts from exchanges to qualify for sharedrop

And questions:
1) Why choose a value to be 1/7th of BTS?  Why not a simple 1:1 bts or other easier calculation/marketing purpose?
2) Part of the community is concerned with (uncontrolled) dilution.  State on what circumstances that dshare needs dilution or at least give your thoughts on it

AFAIK noone is working on MT4 integration, and I suspect it would be very difficult to do so.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I really like this idea. BTS is such a tangled knot at this point that I wouldn't mind starting with something simpler, continuing to believe in and work on both, and see which one is the better experiment.

One thing to consider: With dShares, screw the exchanges, but what becomes even more important here are the gateways and ramps. It does not seem to me like anyone in the BTS community has an automatic tribal opposition to this new fork idea, but hypotethically speaking, if some in the BTS community decide they won't touch the dShares fork, then there could be a problem getting gateways on board. Again, I doubt this will be an issue, but it might be best to check with the present gateways/ramps and make sure that they would be open to working with this platform as well. It certainly could be worth their while financially. 

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
+5%

Sounds good!
It would be perfect if you put bytemaster's shares in vested and he can only claim them 100 years from now.

+10086 .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
 +5%

Sounds good!
It would be perfect if you put bytemaster's shares in vested and he can only claim them after 2116.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Random suggestions:

- Allow BTC and ETH investment or at least BTC deposits that automatically convert to creating BitUSD through BTS.
- 60% sharedrop to BTS holders, let's bring in new blood
- Focus on making the internal exchange more user friendly
- Feature limitation - Let BTS be the experimental features chain, with the internal exchange  and a friendly wallet, you have enough tech that blows away most projects
- Adding MT4 integration

It would be interesting what type of reaction a project with BitShares features that focuses on a smaller subset of key features and without any type of existing reputation.

On the above suggestions, perhaps @abit @svk  and  @monsterer  can comment on MT4 integration work?

I like to add to the suggestions:

1) Extend to 60-day crowdfunding. Give investors more time to digest and raise fund.
2) Extend crowd funding to other crypto communities
3) Instead of giving the 10mils cap to exchanges, give the extra dshares to dshares LTM.  The bonus is to let LTM members know that they are in the priviledged exclusive club.
4) Have a good simple summary of the benefits the new dshares will bring
5) Please elaborate how the dividend/interest is derived and substained in the long run. Dividend to be limited to crowd-funders and LTMs? Better still, give free LTM to crowdfunders.
6) 3-year maturity sounds good. Like abit mentioned, these share-dropped dshares should be made illiquid (eg can't use for collateral) until maturity.
7) A sufficient notification period for withdrawing bts from exchanges to qualify for sharedrop

And questions:
1) Why choose a value to be 1/7th of BTS?  Why not a simple 1:1 bts or other easier calculation/marketing purpose?
2) Part of the community is concerned with (uncontrolled) dilution.  State on what circumstances that dshare needs dilution or at least give your thoughts on it

Sorry cube for making it go through reading something no one else did.

So the bishares community consists of mainly no-longer holders, not old enough to drink opinioned full of themselves chicken brains...or their supporters.

So in short - Small is beautiful , smaller is even better.

------------------------
Dilution will never start as soon as we have min viable product paid by the init  dev. fund.
Not having the good for nothing, 70% stake holders being carried just so they can dump... is a great idea I am gravitating towards.