Author Topic: What organizations, if any, have sold 'stock' via Bitshares User-Issued Assets?  (Read 4961 times)

Offline yvv

• View Profile
I suspect none, because bitshares is not suitable for issuing stocks. Obits, metafees etc are not stocks, they are crowd funding tokens. There is a lot of use cases for such tokens however.

the only reason i can see for thinking Bitshares isn't suitable for issuing equity is that we haven't yet had a court say they'd support such property rights. once we have that link, it'll be a game changer.
The regulatory restrictions MAY prevent U.S. companies to do so, but let me remind the U.S. citizens, that there are quite some more countries out there already working on this!

it's great there are cross-country differences in securities laws. i'd really like to see a major industrialized country declare that they'd protect crypto property rights in their courts just as if they were any other type of property.

This is inevitable and this will happen very soon imo.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
I suspect none, because bitshares is not suitable for issuing stocks. Obits, metafees etc are not stocks, they are crowd funding tokens. There is a lot of use cases for such tokens however.

the only reason i can see for thinking Bitshares isn't suitable for issuing equity is that we haven't yet had a court say they'd support such property rights. once we have that link, it'll be a game changer.
The regulatory restrictions MAY prevent U.S. companies to do so, but let me remind the U.S. citizens, that there are quite some more countries out there already working on this!

it's great there are cross-country differences in securities laws. i'd really like to see a major industrialized country declare that they'd protect crypto property rights in their courts just as if they were any other type of property.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile

Offline yvv

• View Profile
I suspect none, because bitshares is not suitable for issuing stocks. Obits, metafees etc are not stocks, they are crowd funding tokens. There are a lot of use cases for such tokens however.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 05:29:40 pm by yvv »

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
AKAIK Gemspace is on hold, due to certain moves / delays by the SEC... but they still have the only website in crypto that makes me want to dance. ;) http://gemspace.net/joinus/

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Well there you go. Blocktrades will probably be the first real test case.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I know that the marketing firm Farlaweb, as well as the magazine Forklog, have both issued stock using NXT. Wondering if any organizations have done the same within Bitshares? Thanks for any resources and/or instructions on how to better determine the answer from within Graphene -- I'm doing research for an episode of The Daily Decrypt.

So far no company has issued an actual stock on the blockchain. Obits isn't a stock and is called a token of appreciation. You don't get actual equity in any legally recognized way as far as I know unless the SEC considers it a security.

There was a company that wanted to set up something called Gemspace to allow real stock trading but that never happened. There is also DACX which deals with real stock.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads