Author Topic: Annoying problem matching orders  (Read 4771 times)

Offline testz

... I've wasted at least hundreds of BTS in fees by having to cancel out that order and put it back in at some token amount higher. This is a very annoying bug in the system that probably has an easy fix.
Any ideas how to fix?

It's impossible to waste hundreds of BTS, cancel not filled order cost you 0.1 BTS.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Well, it is something that must be solved. Ive noticed too and really dont know the reason why it wasnt fixed. Even if its Hard, this is something with high priority. It doesnt make sense marketing bitshares or openledger of a basic feature like that doesnt work,
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Xeldal

We've had this bug since the beginning of BTS 0.x

I guess there is either no easy solution or no one cares enough to fix it.  I think It would require a complete reworking of how prices are calulated, so probably pretty difficult. 

It is completely unacceptable though IMO.  If I was a new user I would not stick around if this happened to me.  I would use a different system.  It is terribly frustrating.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
About a third of the time i try placing direct buy or sell orders against an open order by simply clicking on the bid or ask in the order book, the trade isn't matched. There seems to be some microscopic price difference that prevents trade execution. I've wasted at least hundreds of BTS in fees by having to cancel out that order and put it back in at some token amount higher. This is a very annoying bug in the system that probably has an easy fix.

Whenever i click on a bid or ask to auto populate a buy or sell order, the price should be EXACTLY matched. it often is, but far too often there is a mismatch that i cannot see and i end up wasting fees.

Any ideas how to fix?