Author Topic: Buy and sell boxes have moved to the very bottom of trading screen  (Read 2058 times)

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2

If you switch the order book to the vertical layout its flows better. Try it.

Yes, that is true.  But the horizontal order book version needs to be laid out properly too.

agreed. nice that the vertical display improves, but the default horizontal should be fixed. Thanks again to @svk for working these issues so fast!

Yes, @svk is doing awesome work.  Please also notice the markets grouped by BASE currency.  That is a big improvement.  Thanks @svk!

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053

Yes, that is true.  But the horizontal order book version needs to be laid out properly too.

agreed. nice that the vertical display improves, but the default horizontal should be fixed. Thanks again to @svk for working these issues so fast!

Offline tbone

• View Profile

Yea I wasn't too sure about this change but figured I'd give it a shot. I actually seemed to remember this was you how you described it but I was going by memory and guess I got things a bit mixed up.

Putting the history on the first row with the order book will only work for very large screens though.

I'm on a 17" laptop and there's enough empty space in the order book and history boxes to compress them by about 50%.  So for me they can fit on the same row with plenty of room to spare, so I'm pretty sure it will be fine on a 15.4" screen, and maybe even on a 14.1".  Beyond that it might necessary for the user to zoom out, which should be fine since your layouts zoom in/out very nicely.  Thanks @svk!

Offline svk

Yea I wasn't too sure about this change but figured I'd give it a shot. I actually seemed to remember this was you how you described it but I was going by memory and guess I got things a bit mixed up.

Putting the history on the first row with the order book will only work for very large screens though.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline tbone

• View Profile

Offline Pheonike

Offline tbone

• View Profile
I noticed some updates to the openledger trading GUI. The buy and sell boxes are at the very bottom of the screen now, below the My History and My Orders boxes, which are below the order book ...the thing i really need to see when places my orders. Can we please place the Buy and Sell boxes just above, or adjacent to, the order book?

Yes, this is a real problem.  First of all, the ticker (i.e. History) should be next to the order book on the top row, which makes it possible to position the buy/sell boxes directly below the order book.  This way, when you're watching the live data, you can see the order book, ticker, price chart and depth chart all at the same time without scrolling.  And when you're placing an order, you can see the buy/sell boxes, order book, ticker, and depth chart at the same time.  I highly recommend we make these changes as soon as possible.

@svk: The above is what we discussed on the UI/UX thread.  We really need to do this.  How quickly can you make this layout change?

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
I noticed some updates to the openledger trading GUI. The buy and sell boxes are at the very bottom of the screen now, below the My History and My Orders boxes, which are below the order book ...the thing i really need to see when places my orders. Can we please place the Buy and Sell boxes just above, or adjacent to, the order book?