Author Topic: Testing Stealth UI  (Read 19659 times)

Offline valzav

• View Profile
Some issues I found...

1. It should ask you to unlock prior to asking you to select a new account name rather than failing after you enter an account name because the wallet is locked.
2. Truncating the public key behaves poorly and unexpected when you click on it (we will remove the truncation)
3.  Clicking on a blind account should take you to the transfer page with the "from" already filled in
4. All account balances of from account should be displayed above the history
5. There is no way to recover past transfer receipts after you close the dialog, be sure to copy the receipt and give it to the person you are sending funds to.

This is the minimum interface to get things functional and does not represent what I consider to be a "finished" feature.

Issues  #1 and #3 have been fixed.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
As a user I would expect a single option when doing a transaction. Stealth On(expensive)/Off(cheap).
Everything else will be not finished in my little world.
But I`m not the sponsor.
(just thinking out loud)

I was also thinking something similar. Maybe oversimplistic but either way, that's how it needs to be for everyone to use

1. Option to create a stealth account
2. Option to enable/disable stealth transfers
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
As a user I would expect a single option when doing a transaction. Stealth On(expensive)/Off(cheap).
But I`m not the sponsor.
(just thinking out loud)

In the end I agree creating a stealth account (-deducted) and sending the money to it, before sending it further could happen automatically.

I wonder though, what happens if I am sending from a public account to a stealth account, instead of from my own stealth account? Then people can then tell who sent it, and to what address?

Offline btswolf

But I`m not the sponsor.
(just thinking out loud)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
To get started, create an account on the test network.
Then go to settings and enable multiple account mode.
Then go to dashboard and create private account
Then give someone your public key.. or get someone else's public key
Then add public account (with their public key)
Should this be "Then add private account (with their public key) ??

In the transfer tab, if I enter my private account as the From account, the amount, memo and fee fields disappear.  send is greyed out.

If I enter my regular account name and enter a saved "~xxxx" labeled account as the To account, pressing send doesn't do anything.

Yeah I assume he means from the "public account" menu select "add private contact." So now I have

1) created a normal account, then
2) a stealth account
3) added Xeldal's public key, with label "xeldal"

OK I can send from my normal account to "~xeldal" :)

How about we all take this to telegram: https://web.telegram.org/#/im?p=g33416306

Xeldal

Should this be "Then add private contact (with their public key) ??

In the transfer tab, if I enter my private account as the From account, the amount, memo and fee fields disappear.  send is greyed out.
[Edit] oops thats probably because I don't have a balance on the private account yet.

If I enter my regular account name and enter a saved "~xxxx" labeled account as the To account, pressing send doesn't do anything.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 08:21:34 pm by Xeldal »

Offline CLains

• View Profile
oh dear. I registered on block 666,666
that can't be good : O

lol.. The Darkest Account

my public account:
TEST52UgpU3EiSfuSWVxn11qXG14Zv1yWkCDtTSYtNnKXdqtSMXEVt

Here's mine: TEST85Vok3ZSSqeBkeYuxgsy6fnLyRJnf9w5sV3eZo8Fsr9eAEyMWH
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 08:01:27 pm by CLains »

Xeldal

oh dear. I registered on block 666,666
that can't be good : O

my public account:
TEST52UgpU3EiSfuSWVxn11qXG14Zv1yWkCDtTSYtNnKXdqtSMXEVt

Offline bytemaster

Anyone who would like to experiment with stealth UI please post in this thread:

http://stealth.cnx.rocks/

Private accounts are indicated via a "~ACCOUNTNAME" in the transfer to/from field.  These accounts are not registered and are just local labels.

I have identified some major usability issues that we are going to address...

Some issues I found...

1. It should ask you to unlock prior to asking you to select a new account name rather than failing after you enter an account name because the wallet is locked.
2. Truncating the public key behaves poorly and unexpected when you click on it (we will remove the truncation)
3.  Clicking on a blind account should take you to the transfer page with the "from" already filled in
4. All account balances of from account should be displayed above the history
5. There is no way to recover past transfer receipts after you close the dialog, be sure to copy the receipt and give it to the person you are sending funds to.

This is the minimum interface to get things functional and does not represent what I consider to be a "finished" feature. 

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.