Author Topic: Testing Stealth UI  (Read 19658 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline jamesc

I have updated both tickets.. Still work in progress.  I should have another update by next week.

Offline jamesc

The receipt still does not show when sending funds to a private account. It's only visible in the console.

I cannot retrieve the receipt afterwards in any case - in case I missed it in the console, my sent funds are GONE!

And when I try to import that receipt that I got from the console, I still get
Error: Missing required field: Label is required unless a private key is provided(…)

This is the same situation as over a month ago!

I hope this doesn't get released on the mainnet like this, This is seriously broken, just like a month ago.

https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene-ui/issues/807

Offline jamesc

After I downloaded the STEALTH light wallet and entered my e-mail for server backup, and then entered the url I recieved to my e-mail

I am taken to http://stealth.cnx.rocks/#/wallet/backup/server/

Server Backup

Write down your Wallet Key (it is case-sensitive)

xxxx

PASSWORD

What do I enter for "PASSWORD"?
  When I enter the password I chose upon downloading the STEALTH wallet beta
It returns the message "wallet not found"

This is the only case:  You have the correct Wallet Key and password then you can recover the wallet from the server.   If either are incorrect or you don't have a wallet on the server you will see "wallet not found".   You are correct, you use your original password.

Your making it clear that this was confusing for you.  We all want this to be easy.   Keep in mind, the server does not know much about you by design.  So, it is not possible for us to know if their is no wallet or the password does not match.  Since you used the link we know the Wallet Key is correct (the link will know if it was changed).  So, it is either the wrong password or you did not have a backup on the server.  We never change the server URL so that is the only backup server.  Your wallet is kept in your browser too.  Does is show you a "Dashboard" or "Create Account" in the toolbar?  The first means it has a wallet the second means it does not.

You only need your password to login to the wallet backup in your browser.

@jcalfee1

Here is what is happening:

I have a light client. I have opened an account in it. I have funded that account with 1000BTS.

I have made a named Private Account. I have not used it yet.

I put in my e-mail to do a server backup and clicked on "Email A Token".

I received an e-mail from noreply@cnx.rocks

I clickied the confirmation therein and was taken to a web wallet, and not to my light wallet. The landing place is the "Wallet Management Console" and it has a 4 digit Wallet Key and asks me to input my password.

When I enter my password (which is from the light client mentioned above) and I click on "check server"  I get the response in a pop out message: "Wallet was not found"

issue: https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene-ui/issues/806

For now, if you can open a link in the light client you could modify the URL a little to get it to work.

Offline onceuponatime

After I downloaded the STEALTH light wallet and entered my e-mail for server backup, and then entered the url I recieved to my e-mail

Server Backup

xxxx

PASSWORD

This is the only case:  You have the correct Wallet Key and password then you can recover the wallet from the server.   If either are incorrect or you don't have a wallet on the server you will see "wallet not found".   You are correct, you use your original password.

Your making it clear that this was confusing for you.  We all want this to be easy.   Keep in mind, the server does not know much about you by design.  So, it is not possible for us to know if their is no wallet or the password does not match.  Since you used the link we know the Wallet Key is correct (the link will know if it was changed).  So, it is either the wrong password or you did not have a backup on the server.  We never change the server URL so that is the only backup server.  Your wallet is kept in your browser too.  Does is show you a "Dashboard" or "Create Account" in the toolbar?  The first means it has a wallet the second means it does not.

@jcalfee1

Here is what is happening:

I have a light client. I have opened an account in it. I have funded that account with 1000BTS.

I have made a named Private Account. I have not used it yet.

I put in my e-mail to do a server backup and clicked on "Email A Token".

I received an e-mail from noreply@cnx.rocks

I clickied the confirmation therein and was taken to a web wallet, and not to my light wallet. The landing place is the "Wallet Management Console" and it has a 4 digit Wallet Key and asks me to input my password.

When I enter my password (which is from the light client mentioned above) and I click on "check server"  I get the response in a pop out message: "Wallet was not found"

Offline jamesc

Server Backup

xxxx

PASSWORD

Here is the video from earlier in this thread.  Should go like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIey1bwgt9k
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 03:14:43 pm by jcalfee1 »

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
I hear you .. thanks for making this very clear.  Of course this will not go on the mainnet with issues like this.

Thank you - please take an extra look at usability. Errors like this will alienate potential customers and there's a large risk that users might loose funds because of issues with the receipt so we need to be extra careful that this does not happen.

I'll be very happy to test/review any changes to the usability. Just hit me on telegram/slack anytime!

--mindphlux 
Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
The receipt still does not show when sending funds to a private account. It's only visible in the console.

I cannot retrieve the receipt afterwards in any case - in case I missed it in the console, my sent funds are GONE!

Error: Missing required field: Label is required unless a private key is provided(…)

I hope this doesn't get released on the mainnet like this, This is seriously broken, just like a month ago.

I hear you .. thanks for making this very clear.  Of course this will not go on the mainnet with issues like this.

+5%
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline jamesc

Offline jamesc

Server Backup

xxxx

PASSWORD

« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 11:14:57 am by jcalfee1 »

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile

Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline onceuponatime

Server Backup

xxxx

PASSWORD

Offline valzav

• View Profile
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 09:16:40 pm by valzav »

Offline valzav

• View Profile
You can try main net beta https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-2/releases/tag/untagged-6c646ee1b91c99a4fd01
Please note that it's not fully tested yet so don't, so keep your balances small.
It will also not pick up any of your existing light wallet accounts - you need to create them from scratch or import 0.9.x keys.

Offline jamesc

@jcalfee1

example.
My public account: test1
My private accounts: ~test1, ~whatever

Trying to send funds from both ~test1 / ~whatever to test1 (public account)
I get: missing to_key_or_label: est1

So, IF you create a private_account with the same label as your public_account, then you are not able to sends funds from yours private_accounts back to your public_account.

Notice, the error message on "missing to_key_or_label" is the the account_name except the first letter. (just guessing: maybe it expect a label and so think the first letter should be a ~ instead?)

This should be fixed.  The GUI was getting the account types confused.