Author Topic: Will BitShares price increase after Ethereum hype?  (Read 2033 times)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
The current delay problem on Tx on the BTC network (3 days I heard ?) will be something more and more usual no ? Isn't it going to counter balance the hype of halving ?
I don't have BTC right now, I exchangef all of them in a very promising crypto 2.0 long time ago ;p
I'm wondering if I'll buy some more to exchange them in 2.0 projects after the possible pump caused by the halving.

yes, BTC has scaling issues, which is why i like the 2.0 projects as diversification, but i'm still very long on the BTC community. there's just way too much talent to discount it entirely. that said, i wouldn't bet on BTC purely on the halving...there's no guarantee by any means that halving will spike the price to accommodate miners. it's possible the price doesn't budge (or goes down) and marginal miners just go broke.

Offline EstefanTT

The current delay problem on Tx on the BTC network (3 days I heard ?) will be something more and more usual no ? Isn't it going to counter balance the hype of halving ?
I don't have BTC right now, I exchangef all of them in a very promising crypto 2.0 long time ago ;p
I'm wondering if I'll buy some more to exchange them in 2.0 projects after the possible pump caused by the halving.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 11:55:16 pm by EstefanTT »
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Also, people try to rage-quit while getting crushed by ETH. Blood on the dance floor. :P

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Or everything gets dumped while people expect a BTC rally because of the halving

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Or everything gets dumped while people expect a BTC rally because of the halving
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
who knows? last time ETH jumped to about $6.50 i sold some and bought BTS, but i'm already biased towards Bitshares. IMO any cryptocurrency success is long term great for us, since it gets more money and people into the space. i do believe in some sort of crypto wealth effect --you make a killing in one and you start to shop around for another to park some of the profits. 

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
My prediction: Yes.

Reasoning: While ETH is hyping, there is an impulse in all other coins to withdraw to be part of the rally. The objective value of BitShares is in fact increasing when ETH is increasing, but the temporary situation masks this fact.

The same logic applies to BTS relative to BTC rise. I expect BTC to go strong until halving hype peak around June this year. We should get ready and prepare accordingly. BitShares has never seen a true pump.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 08:18:25 pm by CLains »