Author Topic: Syscoin decentralized market accepts BTC as second choice  (Read 2228 times)

Offline valtr

• View Profile
How it´s possible to have decentralized eBay on blockchain? I would never believe it can fit into blockchain.
Demand for such market is huge and it solves problem how to gain new user, smartcoins can be earned and spent.
You do not need MineBitshares or EarnBitshares.

All you need is listings data base and escrow service. If these two existed in bitshares blockchain that would be a killer of all other blockchains.
There are several approaches how to solve escrow, traditional or new. That is probably not the main problem.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
How it´s possible to have decentralized eBay on blockchain? I would never believe it can fit into blockchain.
Demand for such market is huge and it solves problem how to gain new user, smartcoins can be earned and spent.

All you need is listings data base and escrow service. If these two existed in bitshares blockchain that would be a killer of all other blockchains.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
You don't need to put the data in the blockchain but could just have the payment and identities on the blockchain .. the data can be hosted in a distributed hash table (read: bittorrent).

This is exactly what OpenBazaar does!

Offline valtr

• View Profile

TravelsAsia

This is something of big interest. Looks like much better concept than Openbazaar.
Accepting Smartcoins would be great.

http://themerkle.com/news/syscoin-to-accept-bitcoin-payments-in-its-decentralized-marketplace/

- Interesting project
- Terrible name
- Low volume
- Nowhere close to the outreach we would see at OpenBazaar
- Would be nice to have smartcoins added, specifically BitUSD

Offline valtr

• View Profile
This is something of big interest. Looks like much better concept than Openbazaar.
Accepting Smartcoins would be great.

http://themerkle.com/news/syscoin-to-accept-bitcoin-payments-in-its-decentralized-marketplace/