Author Topic: Visa would love to hire Daniel Larimer...or somebody to fork bts...  (Read 3699 times)

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I think you're missing the point

What would happen to the market cap of BitShares if the algos started picking up news stories of how the lead dev of B.T.S. just got hired by V.I.S.A?

Indeed what would happen? I can just as easily see such a turn of event causing BitShares to tank and die a quick death. Bachman's post is a totally rediculous idea. There would obviously be strings attached to the position, vesting for bonus, owning rights to all inventions, NDAs ... I know it was in jest but he just blew his avatar fascade.

I thought it could have some benefits, but only if done strategically and through negotiations...
I mean think about it.  BTS is pretty much already proven...and it isn't like Counterparty where the devs leaving meant counterparty was dead on arrival (because it was tied to alllll the negatives of bitcoin).  Bitshares (and graphene) is something awesome. 

Hm...instead of hiring Dan, why don't we show them the codebase?

BTS hasn't been proven yet .
It used a private C++ lib called FC which nobody use except a few people .
It hasn't gone through security auditing on the code .

It even needs manual reboot on Yunbi from time to time these days (They said it had been frequent since 2.0 ) . Don't know if it's their deal or BitShares' .

Its network has halted several times these few months .
2 Days ago , when the price surged  ,  BitShares was unable to do transfer (many people have complaint about that) . And it magically solved in the next day without releasing a new version .

In terms of industrial use , BitShares is far from it .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

because they already know  :)

Offline fuzzy

What would happen to the market cap of BitShares if the algos started picking up news stories of how the lead dev of B.T.S. just got hired by V.I.S.A?

Indeed what would happen? I can just as easily see such a turn of event causing BitShares to tank and die a quick death. Bachman's post is a totally rediculous idea. There would obviously be strings attached to the position, vesting for bonus, owning rights to all inventions, NDAs ... I know it was in jest but he just blew his avatar fascade.

I thought it could have some benefits, but only if done strategically and through negotiations...
I mean think about it.  BTS is pretty much already proven...and it isn't like Counterparty where the devs leaving meant counterparty was dead on arrival (because it was tied to alllll the negatives of bitcoin).  Bitshares (and graphene) is something awesome. 

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Thom

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline fuzzy

you do know counter-party dev was hired by a big company as well right .....

to build something different from xcp...

now one question i have is whether or not working for visa might give someone like bm the resources he needs to build the solutions visa (and bts) needs. 

It could be one hellnof a powerful move if he networks with the right people and lets bitshares be "officially" run by those already in our ecosystem...while keeping us in mind. ;)

An employee would have to sign NDA's and VISA would own the intellectual property rights to their work so it wouldn't be shared. Whichever blockchain loses a developer to that job wouldn't benefit imo.

well that is a good point.  not sure precisely how that would work, but i suspect many people who worked in the unix environment for for telecoms also got to contribute to the open source stuff.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

now one question i have is whether or not working for visa might give someone like bm the resources he needs to build the solutions visa (and bts) needs. 

It could be one hellnof a powerful move if he networks with the right people and lets bitshares be "officially" run by those already in our ecosystem...while keeping us in mind. ;)

An employee would have to sign NDA's and VISA would own the intellectual property rights to their work so it wouldn't be shared. Whichever blockchain loses a developer to that job wouldn't benefit imo.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline yvv

• View Profile
The article says nothing about Dan Larimer nor about bts. Stop dreaming and correct title of OP.

Offline fuzzy

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 09:52:26 am by Erlich Bachman »
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
you sure ?
because Visa would have legit contract with him , and he will be fired big time if he fail to deliver the product on time/quality , maybe even be fined if he works as a contractor .

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Headline:

Visa hires Dan Larimer as lead blockchain engineer

headline the following week:

Lead blockchain engineer for Visa, Dan Larimer quits Visa after liquidating a portion of his BitShares position to purchase the state of Virginia. When asked why he quit Visa, the engineer replied:

"Because upon getting hired, I learned that Visa launders money for ISIS, and I happen to have morals"
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Payments giant Visa has revealed it is seeking to hire a software engineer
to help it create a "secure, scalable blockchain network".

read more...
http://www.coindesk.com/visa-ad-developer-secure-scalable-blockchain/
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 08:10:55 am by liondani »