Author Topic: Transaction id using transfer2 instead of transfer  (Read 2166 times)

Offline ByronP

• View Profile
great thanks again, basically i was doing it right :-)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
or is it (signed_transaction)[0].[1].Operations[0].memo.nonce a valid check after using transfer2 and comparing to get_account_history for a matching nonce? as it does not appear that transfer2 returns an operation id.
transfer2 cannot return the operationid as it is only allocated AFTER it is included in a block.

I would recommend to simply go through the account history and watch out for your nonces .. that works well and all operations in your account history have been confirmed at least once ..

This is how I did it in a script for exchanges:
https://github.com/xeroc/python-graphenelib/blob/master/scripts/monitor-simple/monitor.py

Offline ByronP

• View Profile
or is it (signed_transaction)[0].[1].Operations[0].memo.nonce a valid check after using transfer2 and comparing to get_account_history for a matching nonce? as it does not appear that transfer2 returns an operation id.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 03:21:19 pm by ByronP »

Offline ByronP

• View Profile
so i am better off sticking with the operation id?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
the transaction id is   HASH(signed-transaction) .. that might contain many operations
while 1.11.** is just one operation out of possibly many in your transaction

you can get the whole (signed) transaction by taking a look at the block that included them

Offline ByronP

• View Profile
I have been using transfer and looking at the history for a match and pulling the 1.11.**** ( i think its 1.11) and storing that i am now switching to transfer2 which returns a transaction id as b546a75a891b5c51de6d1aafd40d10e91a717bb3 now how do i call something like get object? is there a call to convert this no the 1.*.* format? I know I am probably missing something very simple here...