Author Topic: Give your answers to the question: "What is Bitshares?"  (Read 2203 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Bitshares is a Blockchain Business Platform for the Win!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline MarkoPaasila

Bitshares is a lot of different, awesome things. I myself would market it being the next step in evolution - a combination of the best parts of paypal, visa and nasdaq - and of which you can own a part and benefit of it's success. I myself am very enthusiastic about the possibility to sit on the right side of the table - for once!

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
How would you answer to the question: "What is Bitshares?" I want lots of different (but accurate!) answers.

There are lots of different people who could use Bitshares for different things. I want to identify as many groups as possible. This will help to market Bitshares. We don't need to push the same image of Bitshares to everybody, we can and we should differentiate the message depending on who we are communicating with.

This list is also good foundation for articles and promovideos.

Here are some of what I can think of. Please help to refine the arguments, add more target groups and of course add your own answers.

Bitshares is Decentralized Autonomous Company (DAC)

* BTS is a share of a DAC that offers high quality financial services globally. Anybody can buy it without any restrictions.
* Bitshares has advanced governance model. With witnesses, committee, workers and reserve pool we have all the necessary parts in place for deciding how to use the blockchain.
* Main products of Bitshares are an exchange, market pegged assets (smartcoins) and payment network.
* Developers can use the Bitshares blockchain to build their own smartcontracts on it. With Fee Backed Assets it's easy for them to get paid for succesful smartcontract/dapp.

- For people looking for investment opportunities.
- For developers to get hired by the DAC.

Bitshares is a financial platform on a blockchain

* Bitshares blockchain is fast and versatile, intended for use of different financial products.
* Bitshares has build-in exchange that individuals and businesses can use.
* In Bitshares anybody can issue their own assets, including smartcoins. Issuers of assets can earn money when users are making transactions with their assets.

- For people looking for alternative economic systems.
- For people looking for alternatives for Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
- Fintech professionals.

Bitshares is a decentralized exchange

* Anybody can be a trader. No need for any permissions, just create an account and start trading. You can build and use your own trading bots.
* In Bitshares it is possible for everyone issue their own assets. They can be smartcoins, IOUs or FBAs. White-listing is optional for those who need it, for example fiat-IOU issuers.

- For traders.
- For businesses such as exchanges, gateways, bridges, etc.

Bitshares is a decentralized bank

* Smartcoins are price stable cryptocurrencies that peg their price to another currency or asset, such as USD, CNY, EUR, gold, silver or oil. With smartcoins you can be  sure that value of your assets isn't as volatile as value of bitcoin, but still have all the benefits of cryptocurrency.

- For people looking for alternative economic systems.

Bitshares is a fast and versatile payment network

* Bitshares offers a large scale of different cryptocurrencies and assets that can be used by everyone.
* Bitshares network is the fastest cryptocurrency network at the moment. It should be able to do more than 100 000 tx/s when all witnesses are updated with appropriate hardware and internet connection. It has been tested to make 1000 tx/s, which is still way more than Bitcoin's 7 tx/s.
* Anybody can issue their own assets which can be used for example as reward points, gift cards or event tickets.

- For businesses.