Author Topic: Would you be interested in advertising Gamebet.gg with the Sharebot?  (Read 2108 times)

Offline fuzzy

Breaking it down to a fashion that's intuitive for the average joe might not entirely be possible.
I'd like to hear why you believe there are advantages on doing this on the blockchain too. Again, both for the business and the end user.

P.s - Am trying to get differential opinions here. Not rebutting.

Having it done on the blockchain makes it so people can see the stats and know they are not being altered by the third party in question (gamebet).  So if i go to game A and see Team 1 has 34% of the prediction market vote for "win", and 66% for "lose", i can know those stats are auditable. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
Breaking it down to a fashion that's intuitive for the average joe might not entirely be possible.
I'd like to hear why you believe there are advantages on doing this on the blockchain too. Again, both for the business and the end user.

P.s - Am trying to get differential opinions here. Not rebutting.

TravelsAsia

i thought gamebet didn't run on top of BitShares, it just uses it as a currency to bet like bitcoin.

How would you have a system like gamebet run on top of Bitshares ?
(I know of prediction markets, but am open to hearing more )

Note : Product discussions are highly preliminary - all decisions are taken by Kuro and Hybridd. I only present possbilities to them when we do hold discussions.

Prediction markets ARE the way to go. :)

Offline fuzzy

i thought gamebet didn't run on top of BitShares, it just uses it as a currency to bet like bitcoin.

Note : Product discussions are highly preliminary - all decisions are taken by Kuro and Hybridd. I only present possbilities to them when we do hold discussions.

You would essentially have two tokens in the system as I see it.  One for "GWin" and one for "GLoss", people post their bets by purchasing said token and the pot is distributed to the "GWin" tokens held and associated with the pool of a certain match ID.  That is how I see it happening. 

Offline Xypher

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

That is true, but gamebet doesn't need to run on top of bitshares for us to get referrals for both.  We could easily give people 5 BTS to bet "on us" and gain from the referrals.. :)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 07:43:27 pm by fuzzy »

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

If we had a group of people who made accounts like the one @DestBest and the bitshares french connection have, we could literally automate the bot to advertise Gamebet as a platform and get 2 income streams: 1 from the bot itself (when referrals are finished with it) and 2 from gamebet itself. 

This could be very powerful especially if we were to consider what kuro suggested awhile back about creating an API and wrapper to enable people to write custom scripts and code, customized extensions to the functionality of the bot itself.  This would enable people to code these extensions in whatever language they wish. Then we could essentially work to build a "bot army" who advertises using bitshares-based services---even if we are advertising another coin :)