Author Topic: Withdrawal Fee  (Read 6897 times)

Offline konelectric

I'm struggling to find a place to post my question - I settled on here!

Yesterday I attempted to deposit 45 BTS to my Sharebits account so that I can make a withdrawal. I used my BitShares Light client, transferred 45 BTS to 'sharebits' and included the memo code from the Sharebits website (where it says 'Use this memo for ALL deposits otherwise your funds may be lost!'). My Sharebits account has not yet been funded...

How can I successfully deposit BTS to Sharebits so that I can make a withdrawal? Did I do something wrong?

(edit: Is it the case that I will need to create and use an Open Ledger account to fund my Sharebits account, rather than using the light wallet?)

Is there a better place to ask this question?
I like using Open Ledger. If you click on the "deposit with OpenLedger" it autofills the memo and send to address.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 01:30:22 am by konelectric »
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline fuzzy

Yesterday I attempted to deposit 45 BTS to my Sharebits account so that I can make a withdrawal. I used my BitShares Light client, transferred 45 BTS to 'sharebits' and included the memo code from the Sharebits website (where it says 'Use this memo for ALL deposits otherwise your funds may be lost!'). My Sharebits account has not yet been funded...

How can I successfully deposit BTS to Sharebits so that I can make a withdrawal? Did I do something wrong?

(edit: Is it the case that I will need to create and use an Open Ledger account to fund my Sharebits account, rather than using the light wallet?)

Same.  I can't fund one of my accounts with bts so that I can withdraw from it.  My other account wont send me the PM to log in so that i can withdraw.  I don't have a problem paying the 45bts price, but I would like to be able to withdraw at any price.
Ping @fuzzy

I'll reach out to the devs.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore

Same.  I can't fund one of my accounts with bts so that I can withdraw from it.  My other account wont send me the PM to log in so that i can withdraw.  I don't have a problem paying the 45bts price, but I would like to be able to withdraw at any price.
Ping @fuzzy
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian

« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 08:26:24 pm by hadrian »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
it is currently something I would have to talk about with the team (and I have to fix my skype to most easily do this).  I'll let you guys know when I find out.  @xeroc...how hard would it be to make an fba for the sharebot instead of having the buyback mechanism?

Also, I want to let people know I am forced to find new means of getting income in the short run if I do this because the fees were basically planning to be one of our best and most regular means of income... 

Such is the risk of building on a changing platform I suppose...

There will soon come a feature that allows you to define an automatic "buy-back" account . that would sell his assets in predefined markets ..
All you need to do is put funds in that account and they get sold :)

FBAs are more difficult because they all require a hardfork .. but the one component of a FBA you are interested in (the one above) should be available shorty ll

Offline fuzzy

I'm still waiting to see if the referral system was ever set up but have not heard anything back from @Xypher or any of the freebie team about it to be honest.  However, I have not been on skype so it is possible (though I must admit unlikely) that I have received a response yet on this. 

Perhaps when xypher gets on he will check for me and get back to me about it. 

Offline fuzzy

it is currently something I would have to talk about with the team (and I have to fix my skype to most easily do this).  I'll let you guys know when I find out.  @xeroc...how hard would it be to make an fba for the sharebot instead of having the buyback mechanism?

Also, I want to let people know I am forced to find new means of getting income in the short run if I do this because the fees were basically planning to be one of our best and most regular means of income... 

Such is the risk of building on a changing platform I suppose...

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline DestBest

BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline Buck Fankers

• Under New Management
    • View Profile
    • TuckFheman.com
  • BitShares: buckfankers
now that bitshares has lower fees will the tipbot be lowering withdrawal fees from 45 bts?