Author Topic: DEX is having delay issues  (Read 2579 times)

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
You can try changing the api source for your wallet.  Just click the options button, and then click the wss://bitshares.openledger.info/ws and select one of the other two servers.  Theres one from dacplay, and one that I run as a backup. 

I have also noticed that when I am using some of my accounts the wallet is much less responsive.  Its beyond my technical ability to solve, but I suppose I should compile a list of what accounts seem to cause the wallet to slow down.

sweet, thank you very much! ideally, whatever was slowing down the other connection could be fixed, but the change works well for me now. appreciate the help!

"wss://bitshares.openledger.info/ws"   is still working slow/not usable, using "wss://dele-puppy.com/ws" is o.k. 

Thank you puppies for this service.  Sent some support.
Thanks dude.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
That's a good fix, thanks. Mine was paralyzed for the last couple of weeks.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
You can try changing the api source for your wallet.  Just click the options button, and then click the wss://bitshares.openledger.info/ws and select one of the other two servers.  Theres one from dacplay, and one that I run as a backup. 

I have also noticed that when I am using some of my accounts the wallet is much less responsive.  Its beyond my technical ability to solve, but I suppose I should compile a list of what accounts seem to cause the wallet to slow down.
When I was following ~50 accounts in my light wallet, it's much slower than watching only a few accounts.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline CalabiYau

i use "wss://bitshares.openledger.info/ws"

but today no speed problems - sitting in europe!

Also Europe here, "wss://bitshares.openledger.info/ws" is actually working again, seems periodically slow.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
i use "wss://bitshares.openledger.info/ws"

but today no speed problems - sitting in europe!

Offline CalabiYau

sweet, thank you very much! ideally, whatever was slowing down the other connection could be fixed, but the change works well for me now. appreciate the help!

"wss://bitshares.openledger.info/ws"   is still working slow/not usable, using "wss://dele-puppy.com/ws" is o.k. 

Thank you puppies for this service.  Sent some support.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
Has anyone else been having issues trading on the DEX? I'm using Firefox and have had delay issues for some time now, some times are worse than others; today has been miserable, though, which is why I'm finally posting specifically about this.

The issue is that when I go to any of the markets and try to place Buy or Sell orders, or even cancel outdated orders, nothing happens. I click whatever icon i need for the task and nothing happens. Several minutes later (or sometimes not at all bc i get too frustrated and close out of the window) i get the transaction confirmation window, but it's too late and the transaction has timed out.

Is this happening to anyone else? Does anyone have a clue why this would be happening? It's really cramping my trading volume, which means it is likely affecting others and hitting our core competency. This even happened while introducing a friend to Bitshares last week, leaving him with a poor impression, unfortunately.

i've tried closing and reopening the window, refreshing, and also just waiting it out.