Author Topic: Importing Keys  (Read 4421 times)

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Hi Cube!

Thanks again!

I don't have the possibility of running my old version of Bts1 due to the fact that the HD was corrupted, so I'm trying to import my backup from a usb pendrive through a new Mac and using the new version of Bts2. I'm not able to do a export to json from the Bts1 console.
Is there anyway to import the backup from a usb considering that the extension is .json?

Cheers!

Not that I know of.  The information stored is different.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline macan

• View Profile
Hi Cube!

Thanks again!

I don't have the possibility of running my old version of Bts1 due to the fact that the HD was corrupted, so I'm trying to import my backup from a usb pendrive through a new Mac and using the new version of Bts2. I'm not able to do a export to json from the Bts1 console.
Is there anyway to import the backup from a usb considering that the extension is .json?

Cheers!

Offline cube

• View Profile
Hi Cube!

Thanks for your help.

I followed the steps, but it keeps saying that I'm using an invalid wallet format.
I did a Backup using my old version BitsharesX almost 16moths ago, and that's what I got: "BitShares X Wallet Backup.json".
But, it seems not so easy to import that extension using the wallet management console in BitShares2-light.

Any clue for a dummy?

Do not do a backup.  It does not work.

Do a 'export to json file' from the bts1 wallet Console.  I think you missed this step.

Offline macan

• View Profile
Hi Cube!

Thanks for your help.

I followed the steps, but it keeps saying that I'm using an invalid wallet format.
I did a Backup using my old version BitsharesX almost 16moths ago, and that's what I got: "BitShares X Wallet Backup.json".
But, it seems not so easy to import that extension using the wallet management console in BitShares2-light.

Any clue for a dummy?

Offline cube

• View Profile
Hi there!

Sorry for my ignorance, but I'm not skill enough to import my .json backup to the new client.

Anybody could send me instructions or link to import my old backup .json format into the new version 2.0?

Cheers!

Here you go .. http://docs.bitshares.eu/muse/migration/howto-importing-wallet.html

Offline macan

• View Profile
Hi there!

Sorry for my ignorance, but I'm not skill enough to import my .json backup to the new client.

Anybody could send me instructions or link to import my old backup .json format into the new version 2.0?

Cheers!

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
That worked a treat!  Thank you

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
Thank you Bhuz, I'll give that a try.

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz
Hi, I've followed the import instructions but when I select the 0.9.3c backup file for import....the Muse client give the message to use a BTS 1.0 export file instead.

I'm running the 1.0.160208 version of the Muse windows client and the file I am trying to import a .json exported from BTS 1.0

Please could someone recommend anything else I might try?  Thank you.
How did you export the backup from 0.9.3c?
Through the menu or the console?

If you used the menu option, please use the console method instead

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
Hi, I've followed the import instructions but when I select the 0.9.3c backup file for import....the Muse client give the message to use a BTS 1.0 export file instead.

I'm running the 1.0.160208 version of the Muse windows client and the file I am trying to import a .json exported from BTS 1.0

Please could someone recommend anything else I might try?  Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 02:16:14 pm by Ben Mason »