Author Topic: PeerTracks basic walkthrough video  (Read 13303 times)

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile
"Funny" thing about this is....

cob will come up with some new BS in a few days and everyone will be "hey, thanks for you update blablabla"

Then he will talk about all the great things in progress and disappear for weeks again, before he told us that Eddie is still in NY attending some meetings and that's why he cannot tell us more about details or roadmap.
Yeah and he is not able to reach out to him via Skype or phone, so we have to accept that there won't be an information.

But hey, we do have to great videos!!!

Come on cob, drop another video, I want to be surprised.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
What, cob actually refused the mumble session?
All I know is that a mumble session was requested and one has not materialised.....there is more in the other thread.

Offline karnal

• View Profile
What, cob actually refused the mumble session?

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
It's with a great sigh of relief that what Cob has shown us appears to be a tool that has great potential, but belief in the objective and belief in the team attempting to deliver are two very different things. It is a direct result of TravelsAsia's persistent attempts to engage with the development team that have prompted this latest indicator of progress and has enabled you to comment.

Really? Why do I seem to remember Cob telling us that a video or two would be ready in March? They came right on schedule and I'm not going to credit any forum posters for that. Sigh of relief? Sorry, I'm laughing too hard; didn't you expect something awesome? I sure did. Look, this project is either going to succeed or it isn't. If someone is posting comments on one day that he's almost willing to take a hit on his investment, and then the next day he's all stoked cause he saw some video, then that's fine; it's just a different investing mindset than I have. I waited almost two years for a decent BitShares product and there were plenty of times when people were getting anxious here on the forums. For months and months and months, I was the asshole responding to many of those postings with the same stuff I'm writing now: A good product takes time. If you want it to succeed, give the developers enough space to do their thing and get it done. If you want a good short term investment, this ain't it. If you aren't willing to lose 100% of your investment, then crypto ain't the right space. If you're willing to be patient, then great things are possible.
You are very right that we have a different mindset. I have always advocated for patience but I'm not into closing my eyes, putting my fingers in my ears and burying my head in the sand. If you can't see that there are serious potential problems with the delivery of this project then fine.....hope away. Having seen some evidence of development, I am relieved but the fact that there is no roadmap, communication is highly limited and the project team don't appear to be willing to do a mumble has me very concerned. Oh, I guess that makes me a 'squeaky wheel investor.' So be it. I prefer the approach of other, more professional projects like maidsafe, synereo, follow my vote and others.... They seems to value communication and have both the organisation and resource to do so.

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
Did anyone else happen to be on at just the right time, I think it was in December, to see cob leak a much more detailed plan about what he's going to do, only to have the lawyers advise him to take it down almost immediately?

Reading that particular post definitely helped solidify my personal desire to continue holding this one.

I didn't do a copy paste of that post at the time, so I wouldn't be able to report the details correctly, but I remember clearly feeling the same thing when I read it.

TravelsAsia

Lots of assumptions from Donkey. I had no doubt about their ability to deliver a solid project, I just dont want to do business with companies that lack the communication of say an Augur or Maidsafe. We liquidated half our holdings at a nice profit and hope for the best. It's a VERY different level of communication that lets say a gamebet.gg.

I'll check back in a few months and see how our investment is doing. Nice demo.

As a side, before the video release, the last communication was a screenshot in March. I just want to keep the facts straight. Clayop requested videos in the slack and then lead to the great videos you see here. Good luck all.

Offline 浅蓝~~~

• View Profile

Offline Overthetop

个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
It's with a great sigh of relief that what Cob has shown us appears to be a tool that has great potential, but belief in the objective and belief in the team attempting to deliver are two very different things. It is a direct result of TravelsAsia's persistent attempts to engage with the development team that have prompted this latest indicator of progress and has enabled you to comment.

Really? Why do I seem to remember Cob telling us that a video or two would be ready in March? They came right on schedule and I'm not going to credit any forum posters for that. Sigh of relief? Sorry, I'm laughing too hard; didn't you expect something awesome? I sure did. Look, this project is either going to succeed or it isn't. If someone is posting comments on one day that he's almost willing to take a hit on his investment, and then the next day he's all stoked cause he saw some video, then that's fine; it's just a different investing mindset than I have. I waited almost two years for a decent BitShares product and there were plenty of times when people were getting anxious here on the forums. For months and months and months, I was the asshole responding to many of those postings with the same stuff I'm writing now: A good product takes time. If you want it to succeed, give the developers enough space to do their thing and get it done. If you want a good short term investment, this ain't it. If you aren't willing to lose 100% of your investment, then crypto ain't the right space. If you're willing to be patient, then great things are possible.

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
when release the apps?
is there any  artist  get into muse?

I think it's going to be a small test.
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
when release the apps?
is there any  artist  get into muse?

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

Did anyone else happen to be on at just the right time, I think it was in December, to see cob leak a much more detailed plan about what he's going to do, only to have the lawyers advise him to take it down almost immediately?

Reading that particular post definitely helped solidify my personal desire to continue holding this one.

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
Very goood.
Chinese  group guazi is keeping eyes on PeerTracks.

I know guazi is a big whale :P :P :P
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
The project is looking great! With some more communication and transparency, you could really mobilize the investors.

Not worried about this. While I understand your sentiments, most people have been holding because they believe there is real potential here. I'd rather Cob and Eddie work on getting the technology and partnerships done rather than spending their time with squeaky wheel investors. You either believe in it or you don't.
+5%

Offline daidai

• View Profile
Very goood.
Chinese  group guazi is keeping eyes on PeerTracks.