Author Topic: Imagine that...  (Read 2524 times)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
I agree, we need something solid first so then we can start building stuff around it. If the core isn't working as it should, it doesn't matter how many features we have.

yup, i'd just add that with i think we already have something solid, we just need to develop and maintain a culture of continuous improvement.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Use of the dex spiked again, with number of orders placed hitting a new high.

Its growing guys.  Maybe not as fast as we wanted, but growing.

A rising BTS price over time will also encourage use because shorting bitassets into existence will actually make money and get rewarded. 

Also, people who are trying to use BTS will not be discouraged by the price crashing.

Yet precisely at these times, people can't transfer, can't register on OpenLedger and can't see the full display of the market pages.

yes, bugs in OL are a problem, but @bytemaster et al (sorry i don't know exactly who, else i would give them credit) are patching in some fixes over the weekend that should solve a lot of the issues.

we have plenty of great ideas for new features in this community, but i'll say this over and over, the best project we can be working at any given time is simply improving the user experience; that has to be something we're continuously funding, that we're all continuously making an effort to stress the UI and identify areas that can be improved.

it would be such a shame if we had new users interested in Bitshares come try to open an account, maybe place some trades, but ditch it altogether after a buggy experience.

I agree, we need something solid first so then we can start building stuff around it. If the core isn't working as it should, it doesn't matter how many features we have.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053

A rising BTS price over time will also encourage use because shorting bitassets into existence will actually make money and get rewarded. 

Also, people who are trying to use BTS will not be discouraged by the price crashing.

Yet precisely at these times, people can't transfer, can't register on OpenLedger and can't see the full display of the market pages.

yes, bugs in OL are a problem, but @bytemaster et al (sorry i don't know exactly who, else i would give them credit) are patching in some fixes over the weekend that should solve a lot of the issues.

we have plenty of great ideas for new features in this community, but i'll say this over and over, the best project we can be working at any given time is simply improving the user experience; that has to be something we're continuously funding, that we're all continuously making an effort to stress the UI and identify areas that can be improved.

it would be such a shame if we had new users interested in Bitshares come try to open an account, maybe place some trades, but ditch it altogether after a buggy experience.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Offline EstefanTT

We had 200k according to coinmarketcap

http://bitsharesfcx.com/zzz_dex_p.php/

That's a start ;p
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
we would have our trading volume in 24 hours a day (just over 4.000.000 USD) we would have on our plattform. i think this would be amazing :D