Author Topic: New Release and Hard Fork for March 23, 2016  (Read 8112 times)

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
Not quite the place...but whatever:

I have started to think that, the lack of marketing for BTS is intentional. Among the direct competitors, BTS has the best proven-on-live-network-TPS, best block time. It has a working DEX backend, with a better-then-before front end.
It has a solution to a real world problem: hacking of centralized exchanges
It has the ability to undergo a hardfork smoothly :)
It has ongoing development.
Well you can even say that, with the gateways alive, it has fiat on blockchain.

Only reason I can think of, for the lack of marketing, is that some future businesses are accumulating while it is very very cheap. And they do not want price to go up for now.

I know it may sound like a tin foil hat conspiracy theory... What do you guys think?

Is the price suppressed intentionally, or are you (not counting myself as i am not that active as a community member) not capable of marketing?
There's been a history of marketing errors for BitShares going back a long time, and there's a fairly limited amount of marketing now,  all done by individuals with their own funds.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline lakerta06

Did it happen?

It happened and it happened in a quiet non-event way.  Good job devs!  Thanks for a stable, well tested release.
indeed .. quite boring :D

Not quite the place...but whatever:

I have started to think that, the lack of marketing for BTS is intentional. Among the direct competitors, BTS has the best proven-on-live-network-TPS, best block time. It has a working DEX backend, with a better-then-before front end.
It has a solution to a real world problem: hacking of centralized exchanges
It has the ability to undergo a hardfork smoothly :)
It has ongoing development.
Well you can even say that, with the gateways alive, it has fiat on blockchain.

Only reason I can think of, for the lack of marketing, is that some future businesses are accumulating while it is very very cheap. And they do not want price to go up for now.

I know it may sound like a tin foil hat conspiracy theory... What do you guys think?

Is the price suppressed intentionally, or are you (not counting myself as i am not that active as a community member) not capable of marketing?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Did it happen?

It happened and it happened in a quiet non-event way.  Good job devs!  Thanks for a stable, well tested release.
indeed .. quite boring :D

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Did it happen?

ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Can someone summarize what all is new in this release? Thanks.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Thom

I built on Saturday with no issues. I use a .BitShares2_build folder.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
Code: [Select]
[ 55%] Building CXX object libraries/chain/CMakeFiles/graphene_chain.dir/database.cpp.o
In file included from /home/coinbox/bitshares-2/libraries/chain/database.cpp:30:0:
/home/coinbox/bitshares-2/libraries/chain/db_maint.cpp: In member function âvoid graphene::chain::database::update_worker_votes()â:
/home/coinbox/bitshares-2/libraries/chain/db_maint.cpp:105:53: error: âHARDFORK_607_TIMEâ was not declared in this scope
    bool allow_negative_votes = (head_block_time() < HARDFORK_607_TIME);

Building in Release.

Are you building 2.0.160316?

If so, there was an issue, the new one is 2.0.160316b.

Still, you should probably wait for a new release for API servers to fix an issue that seems to cause some crash

Any update on this api build before I update dele-puppy.com
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Build in 'Release' mode instead.
Anyway, this bug should be fixed

It's not fixed - the problem only occurs if you don't make in the bitshares-2 folder. For example:

mkdir build
cd build
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ..
make
I remember alt submitted a patch some days ago.. will check.

//Update: found it. https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-2/pull/9/commits/abae61477d84e1c3faaafb999a0d0c17833f4b7a
I'll cherry-pick and re-submit a pull request to develop branch.

//Update2:
@monsterer: as @xeroc mentioned, the issue has already been fixed in 2.0.160316b release, at least witness_node can be built without issue.
However, I noticed that alt's patch conflicts with latest release, and I remember that you have your own modifications on the source code, so I guess you're not building from a clean code base.. Have you applied alt's patch in your current code base? If yes, try apply your own modifications (without alt's patch) to a clean code base and try rebuild again. Wish it helps.

//Update3: build of cli_wallet is still broken if building outside source dir. Pull request submitted (thanks to alt) https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/pull/634
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 02:42:32 pm by abit »
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline monsterer

It's not fixed - the problem only occurs if you don't make in the bitshares-2 folder. For example:

mkdir build
cd build
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ..
make
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz
[ 55%] Building CXX object libraries/chain/CMakeFiles/graphene_chain.dir/database.cpp.o
In file included from /home/coinbox/bitshares-2/libraries/chain/database.cpp:30:0:
/home/coinbox/bitshares-2/libraries/chain/db_maint.cpp: In member function âvoid graphene::chain::database::update_worker_votes()â:
/home/coinbox/bitshares-2/libraries/chain/db_maint.cpp:105:53: error: âHARDFORK_607_TIMEâ was not declared in this scope

Building in Release.

Are you building 2.0.160316?

If so, there was an issue, the new one is 2.0.160316b.

Still, you should probably wait for a new release for API servers to fix an issue that seems to cause some crash

Offline monsterer

Building in Release.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
When can we upgrade the version to 2.1 and announce stealth and co?
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain