Author Topic: Public API for BTS ?  (Read 4052 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Thank you for the response Xeroc and even mr Tonyk.

While that definitely works, it isn't using the method I would like to use. I don't want to delve into RPC calls even if they are very easy. (because no other block explorer / api does this) I was looking more for something like a normal web API where the whole call is in the GET.  It is almost easier for me to scrape a block-explorer, (already implemented using regexes) it is just a bit of wasted resources to do as the full page is generated and discarded just to grab a balance. I want to be a friendly netizen.

@gamey could you briefly outline the API's you're looking for? Cryptofresh has a few undocumented APIs, and I plan to grow them out and add doc pages.

Just balances off of the userid. The most basic blockchain API call one could need. It is easy enough to scrape it, but that is a lot of overhead on the server end (all those transactions) just to get the BTS balance. (for example)

API is much preferred over scraping :)

Here ya go: https://cryptofresh.com/api/account/balances?account=kkachi

Nice job.  I'll swap this out soon with the code I was working on.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline roadscape

While that definitely works, it isn't using the method I would like to use. I don't want to delve into RPC calls even if they are very easy. (because no other block explorer / api does this) I was looking more for something like a normal web API where the whole call is in the GET.  It is almost easier for me to scrape a block-explorer, (already implemented using regexes) it is just a bit of wasted resources to do as the full page is generated and discarded just to grab a balance. I want to be a friendly netizen.

@gamey could you briefly outline the API's you're looking for? Cryptofresh has a few undocumented APIs, and I plan to grow them out and add doc pages.

Just balances off of the userid. The most basic blockchain API call one could need. It is easy enough to scrape it, but that is a lot of overhead on the server end (all those transactions) just to get the BTS balance. (for example)

API is much preferred over scraping :)

Here ya go: https://cryptofresh.com/api/account/balances?account=kkachi
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Offline roadscape

http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

I think @roadscape would like to offer this for cryptofresh.com.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
http://docs.bitshares.eu/api/

You can query data from the blockchain and broadcast signed transasctions using any public fullnode/websocket node (e.g. wss://bitshares.openledger.info).
But in order to *get* a signed transaction, you need to install the cli-wallet and import private keys because only you have access to your funds .. of course :)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
you can direct your calls to OL for now.

as for 'longterm expectation of being available'?
my personal take is - they will be around for another 3-6mo. at least.

PS
but then again..do not start right now...last I heard OL's server is overheating as it is .
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 05:44:03 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

If I want to do API requests to a BTS server do I need to install my own client or is there a publicly available API ? (that has longterm expectation of being available...)