Author Topic: Highest bids below settlement for multiple markets  (Read 2049 times)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
If I settle, do I Settle at feed price or at prices at the dex´s order book?

I have been buying well below the feed price for a while lol

my understanding is that you settle at the feed price (aka the settlement price), which means that if you purchase anywhere below that you can lock in a guaranteed profit by settling. Settlement takes 24 hours, though; I'm not exactly sure if the settlement price you lock in is exactly what it is when your transaction hits the blockchain, or the settlement price 24 hours when it closes? @JonnyBitcoin do you know?
The price when it closes.

thanks, i meant to follow up confirming that as well after my settlements closed. it is, indeed, the price at settlement close, not when initiated.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore

my understanding is that you settle at the feed price (aka the settlement price), which means that if you purchase anywhere below that you can lock in a guaranteed profit by settling. Settlement takes 24 hours, though; I'm not exactly sure if the settlement price you lock in is exactly what it is when your transaction hits the blockchain, or the settlement price 24 hours when it closes? @JonnyBitcoin do you know?
The price when it closes.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
I saw this the other day in BTS:BTC. Thought about sweeping everything below feed, but it got me thinking.. why is there for the taking and nobody did it?

Maybe it is because they wouldn't be able to sell it back.

So I didn't touch it. A lost opportunity, perhaps >:(

looks like you have more opportunities :)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile

Offline karnal

• View Profile
I saw this the other day in BTS:BTC. Thought about sweeping everything below feed, but it got me thinking.. why is there for the taking and nobody did it?

Maybe it is because they wouldn't be able to sell it back.

So I didn't touch it. A lost opportunity, perhaps >:(

Offline hcf27

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hcf27

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
Where are the other market makers? I was surprised waking up today to see our USD, BTC, and SILVER markets with highest bids well below settlement. For the first time that I've been trading these markets I actually requested settlement just to try it out. I've closed the gap for these markets, but it looks like we're seeing an evolving (or maybe temporary) chance to make money simply buying below feed and settling like @JonnyBitcoin mentioned earlier.