Author Topic: Openledger down?  (Read 6430 times)

Offline openledger

• Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
bitshares.org/wallet is another one .. and there are soon to be even more

what is it that makes it possible to access bitshares.org wallet and not openleder when they run on the same backend servers or not sure how to explain, but I think its important to clarify when it has noting to do with the hosting services but a problem located in the server part where the work and all is provided by bitshares community workers or cryptonomex staff.

I feel many times here that people are thinking of ccedk or openledger as service when server is not working, but I have been told so far only one time was an issue with the hosting server, and we have made sure it is not going to happen again in any similar way.

so all I am saying to all here in the community, when you have a problem with accessing the webswallet or bitshares.org, or any other in the future, besure to send messages to the people responsible and not ccedk, as we have no chance to help at least for the time being. Our staff is also gtting educasted in the use of c++ so pretty it will be possible for us as well to offer some help in thi sector.
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline mint chocolate chip

Thanks @xeroc

Are there any links or mention of this alt wallet on the homepage or anywhere on the site?...last night I kind of looked and I saw only OL wallet links.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
I fixed this ..
the server ran into a kernel specific limitation about the number of open files. .
I raised that number by 64 which should give us some time to figure out what exactly caused this ..
the OL machine can easily handle that ..

cheers

ps. thanks to @svk, how messaged me right away!

thanks for working this right away and suggesting the alt wallet. i've been using the bitshares.org one since last night when this started, and have been quite happy with it.

Offline compumatrix

Thanks @xeroc

Offline konelectric

Is there going to be a heavy (for lack of a better word) version?
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline MarketingMonk

• Leading People to Freedom
    • View Profile
    • Cryptoversity - The online school for Bitcoin, cryptocurrencies and blockchains.
  • BitShares: marketing.monk
Could someone list all the different ways to access the exchange beyond openledger .info please?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I fixed this ..
the server ran into a kernel specific limitation about the number of open files. .
I raised that number by 64 which should give us some time to figure out what exactly caused this ..
the OL machine can easily handle that ..

cheers

ps. thanks to @svk, how messaged me right away!

Offline Pheonike

The beauty of a decentralized exchange, multiple ways to to access it  :) . You not dependent on a single website.

Offline compumatrix

The Windows app and mobile wallet is working though. Just the web version I guess.

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

it is not loading here on my end too? are they conducting some updates?

have trouble here also. even at bitshares.org/wallet. it still uses some things from openledger apparently.

it would happen the day my friend asks me to make him a bitshares account :P

Offline compumatrix

it is not loading here on my end too? are they conducting some updates?

Offline mint chocolate chip

I haven't seen the site in hours... OpenLedger must be in stealth mode.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
There is another gui client at https://bitshares.org/wallet which works now. Downloadable client also works.

TY very much, the bitshares.org wallet works perfectly for me at the moment.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
There is another gui client at https://bitshares.org/wallet which works now. Downloadable client also works.