Author Topic: Mutual Aid Societies in the news  (Read 4741 times)

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
Great share Tuck!
Well produced video explains the topic very clearly... might have to borrow that format. ;)
I loved the historical element reminding us all that not so long ago there was a plurality of approaches for different communities which were more nuanced and responsive than the corporate healthcare monoculture we have today.

Great quote Jonathan!
And a great reminder.. Thanks.

Mutual aid societies could be the fabric which weaves society together... given the proper foundation for defining who's got that that 'steem, rep, cred, what have you... I wonder how we can do that...?  Then imagine a decentralized exchange providing a common ground between mutual aid societies... anybody know where we can find one?  Imagine if starting your own MAS was simple as launching an app, defining a mission, defining the parameters for achieving it, and adding members.  Just imagine... :)

Yes, my brain has been melting since April 1st...

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
BM, you seem to attract criticism and flak whatever you do and whatever you attempt.  I think that's ok because we all deserve citisism from time to time.  I admit that I don't understand Steem at all yet. But your endorsement of it and your assertion that it is a positive step towards MAS means a great deal to me. I don't mine, but I'll do what I can to support this experiment when I can because I really do trust you, your family, and your development team. Your vision has captivated me from the very beginning. Good intentions matter. Making the attempt matters. The vision really matters. If we continue to set our sights on the stars, there's every chance we'll reach the 'm00n.'  ;)

Offline bytemaster

Steem is the first step toward MAS. 

MAS needs a platform where people can review claims and validate discussion.  Getting the kinks worked out of Steem will allow us to add the extra layers of complexity required for MAS.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
When posting about MAS to the Ethereum community I forgot to include a link to an article stating some big name company was looking into Ethereum and therefore "m00n".

That seems to be the prerequisite to getting everyone's attention over there, so I received exactly no replies in 24 hours.

Which is probably a good thing since this is Dan's baby.

I thought he'd perhaps given up on the idea and now that I know otherwise I will stop pursuing outside interest in the idea, except to bring others here to support Dan's original idea.

That's ironic given that one of the best ways to reach the "m00n" is to connect people with common, life-securing interests! It's going to be MAStastic around here soon!

Offline Tuck Fheman

When posting about MAS to the Ethereum community I forgot to include a link to an article stating some big name company was looking into Ethereum and therefore "m00n".

That seems to be the prerequisite to getting everyone's attention over there, so I received exactly no replies in 24 hours.

Which is probably a good thing since this is Dan's baby.

I thought he'd perhaps given up on the idea and now that I know otherwise I will stop pursuing outside interest in the idea, except to bring others here to support Dan's original idea.

Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline Tuck Fheman

Cool, I'm glad there is interest!

Keep us updated bytemaster.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I've been following this thread for every post with great interest. I just figured that truth stands on its own merit.

Reminded me of a quote I like:

Very nice quote.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I've been following this thread for every post with great interest. I just figured that truth stands on its own merit.

Reminded me of a quote I like:

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline DMo09

• View Profile

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
These are excellent potential use cases! Also, if the trend is growing then the timing couldn't be better.  Let's help put the 'community' back into society.

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
I'm sorry tuck, I'm very interested, just haven't had a chance to take a propoer look yet.

Offline bytemaster

I haven't lost interest.  I have been busy laying the foundation for them :)
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Tuck Fheman

Oh well, I thought there was more interest in MAS among this Community.  Apparently I was wrong.  I guess Dan's even lost interest. :-\

Maybe MAS will be more popular on the Ethereum chain. Time to find out!

Offline Tuck Fheman

Offline Tuck Fheman