Author Topic: Against Crowdsales.Do not crowdsale !!!  (Read 5399 times)

Offline yvv

• View Profile

Following that same line of thought, gambling should be illegal. That argument doesn't make sense to me.

It is illegal in many parts of the world.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
It is not crowdsales which is bad, it is crappy crowsales which is bad. Pretty much all of crowdsales on DEX are crap at the moment. Let's call them crapsalesdreamsales. Wishful thinking is the right term for dreamsales buyers. :)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
That looks equally applicable to everything that is sold on the market, not only to crowdsales. Everyone should be free to invest in whatever they want, however, that comes with responsibility as well, everyone should do his own due diligence and no one is forcing them to participate. It's just like everything in life. Being able to participate in everything isn't an excuse not to take responsibility for your actions.

Following that same line of thought, gambling should be illegal. That argument doesn't make sense to me.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Would you have considered the AGS sale a crowdsale?

I understand to a degree your concern of selling a dream.. but I like to get a more defined sense for what you are referring to exactly.

Is your issue with sales that have no defined terms to what is being sold?

Is your issue to it being done by individuals instead of real registered corporate entities?

Just trying to better understand the point you are making.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

3. Crowdsales Allow Unethical Behavior

It is, in fact, immoral to sell dreams.

Why? Because humans have a “wishful thinking bias”. This means that we are more likely to believe a false thing, if that false thing is a dream. Therefore, all dream-sellers have the ability to deceive (“steal money from”) the credulous.

You see, while people should be able to invest in whatever they want, others should also be able to openly criticize bad investment-choices. Unfortunately, silence is often interpreted as implicit endorsement, and so this criticism is simply too rare (because criticism makes one unpopular). With a few notable exceptions (all of which are devoutly informal, and non-startup), most people are too selfish and/or afraid to do anywhere-near the right thing.

So, crowdsales allow predators to get away with the crime of selling a dream.

had a very interesting reading here... http://bitcoinhivemind.com/blog/crowdsales/